Ten killed as boat capsizes in BangladeshFebruary 8th, 2009 - 7:36 pm ICT by IANS
Dhaka, Feb 8 (Xinhua) At least ten people died and 25 were injured when a boat capsized in Bangladesh, 109 km northeast of capital Dhaka, the private news agency UNB reported.
The survivors were quoted as saying that the boat with about 50 passengers on board collided with a ferry in Titas river in Brahmanbaria district at noon.
The engine boat then capsized amid shrill cries of the passengers, they said.
Ten bodies, including those of women and children, have been recovered so far, UNB reported.
- 20 die in Bangladesh boat capsize - Apr 21, 2011
- 75 missing as trawler capsizes in Bangladesh - Jul 31, 2011
- Seven killed in Bangladesh boat capsize - Jul 07, 2011
- All 35 dead in Bangladesh boat tragedy women, kids - Dec 19, 2010
- 26 die as boat sinks in Bangladesh (Lead) - Mar 13, 2012
- 19 killed in Bangladesh train collision - Dec 08, 2010
- Four dead, 220 missing as boat sinks in Bangladesh - Mar 13, 2012
- Bangladesh ferry capsize toll rises to 110 - Mar 14, 2012
- 27 bodies found after Tanzania ferry capsizes - Jul 19, 2012
- 35 dead, 10 missing in Bangladesh boat capsize - Dec 19, 2010
- 12 killed, many missing in Bangladesh boat accident - Jun 08, 2010
- Five killed, 10 missing as boat capsizes in Bihar (Lead) - Aug 10, 2012
- TV channel CEO, filmmaker killed in Bangladesh accident - Aug 13, 2011
- 50 missing as boat capsizes in Bangladesh - Jul 05, 2010
- Four killed, 10 missing as boat capsizes in Bihar - Aug 10, 2012