Teenagers die after stolen car plunges into seaAugust 15th, 2012 - 6:13 am ICT by IANS
Rome, Aug 15 (IANS/AKI) Two 14-year-old boys, a Tunisian and an Italian, drowned when the car they stole plunged into the Tyrrhenian Sea off the coast of Sicily.
The incident took place on the island of Ustica. Rescue divers found the lifeless bodies of the boys.
Prior to the fatal accident, the boys stole the car belonging to a pensioner that was parked in the Ustica port.
The media described the auto-theft as a “stunt” that turned to tragedy, after the boys lost control of the vehicle.
Ustica mayoy Aldo Messina said the families of the boys are both well-known and “extremely appreciated by the whole island”.
- Man held in Italy for beating wife for removing veil - Aug 17, 2012
- Five held in Italy over teenage prostitution - Sep 21, 2012
- Gaddafi's $25 mn Italian hotel complex seized - May 17, 2012
- Condoms urged for Tunisian migrants on Italian island - Mar 30, 2011
- No sex if elected, promises Italian politician - Aug 21, 2012
- Boat with Egyptian migrants held in Italy - Jun 13, 2012
- Libya unrest may unleash wave of 350,000 migrants: Italy - Feb 24, 2011
- Flat seized from Italian mafia to become kids' home - Sep 07, 2012
- Recession-hit Italian hotels report fewer guests in 2012 - Sep 07, 2012
- 5,000 Tunisian immigrants arrive in Italy - Feb 15, 2011
- Two human traffickers held in Italy - Apr 23, 2011
- Over 1,400 die trying to reach Italian shores - May 26, 2011
- Berlusconi, Sarkozy call for changes to Schengen treaty - Apr 27, 2011
- Facebook helps save woman from sex-slavery in Italy - Nov 10, 2010
- Spielberg fined in Italy - Jul 26, 2011