Teen robbers get caught by their own photographsApril 24th, 2012 - 12:18 am ICT by IANS
London, April 23 (IANS) Three teenage robbers in Britain were nailed by police for a service station raid after discovering the cellphone pictures they had taken while posing with their loot.
The bungling boys - two aged 16 and one of 17 - had thought they had got away with their armed attack on a 24-hour service station after disguising themselves with hoods and scarves and turning their coats inside out, The Sun reported.
But they came unstuck after police uncovered the incriminating pictures.
One of the photographs showed one of the raiders with a haul of 470 pounds in five and ten pounds notes and cigarette packets worth 488 pounds scattered on his lap. The other photo showed his leather couch laden with the loot.
Police were able to use special imaging technology to match the teenagers’ coats to the inside-out garments captured on CCTV, as the boys robbed the Texaco garage in Blackley, Manchester.
At the city’s crown court the boys admitted to robbery and possessing an imitation firearm. Each of them was awarded 40 months detention.
- Robber held after returning to shop for his coat! - Sep 16, 2011
- British credit card cheat gets four years in prison - Jun 23, 2010
- Robbie Williams launches fashion line - Sep 17, 2011
- US man dubbed 'most stupid criminal ever' pleads guilty to burglary - Feb 24, 2011
- Three teenagers found dead in Moscow garage - Nov 28, 2011
- London riots: disorder spreads to Manchester, West Midlands - Aug 10, 2011
- Mum takes son to police for one pound theft - Aug 17, 2011
- 'Stupid' burglar posts pic of self taken with stolen laptop on owner's Facebook page - Dec 16, 2010
- 8-years-old boy killed by 'Kwik-Fit' workers who were taking a joyride in a Porsche - Jan 21, 2011
- Burberry trench coat worn by Kate Middleton causes fashion frenzy - Mar 11, 2011
- Delivery Man Identifies Robber Who Returns For A Second Helping - Nov 10, 2010
- British schoolboys jailed for robbing Indian-origin man - Nov 12, 2011
- Man flirts with girl after killing fiancee - Sep 21, 2011
- Teachers Fired for Flirting on Facebook - Oct 19, 2010
- Head-On Collision Between Orgeon Based Brothers - Jul 15, 2010
Tags: blackley manchester, cctv, cigarette packets, coats, crown court, garments, hoods, imaging technology, leather couch, london, loot, photographs, raiders, robbery, scarves, special imaging, sun, teen robbers, teenagers, texaco