Ted Kennedy’s brain cancer in remissionMay 20th, 2009 - 1:50 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, May 20 (ANI): Senator Ted Kennedy’s cancer is in remission, and he will be returning to the Senate after the Memorial Day recess, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid told reporters here on Tuesday.
Reid indicated that he had spoken recently with Kennedy’s wife to discuss his condition. Asked by a reporter if the brain cancer was in remission, Reid said: “As far as I know it is, yes.”
Kennedy still has to undergo a few more treatments before returning to a full Senate schedule.
“He’s doing fine. He’s going through another regimen of treatment, which is not unusual. This is something that was expected. He wanted to have the treatment next week. They had to move it up a week, as I understand it,” Politico quoted Reid, as saying.
Hours after the Kennedy story hit several media outlets, a Reid spokesman later cautioned that the senator wasn’t giving a medical diagnosis.
“Senator Reid will leave the diagnosing to doctors,” spokesman Jim Manley said.
Kennedy has been largely absent from the Senate during his battle with brain cancer, even though he has returned for a few key events, like President Barack Obama’s Inauguration. (ANI)
- FBI Files Divulge Death Threats On Ted Kennedy - Jun 15, 2010
- Arsenic could improve survival for leukaemia patients - Nov 12, 2010
- FBI files show that Ted Kennedy received threats - Jun 15, 2010
- Vicki Kennedy Thanks Democrats For Passage Of Health Care Reform Bill - Mar 23, 2010
- Monday Night football: New England Patriots to fight with the Dolphins - Sep 12, 2011
- Paraguayan president cleared of cancer - Jan 28, 2012
- Universal health coverage close to reality: Obama - Dec 24, 2009
- Ted Kennedy 'arranged to rent brothel in Latin America' - Mar 01, 2011
- Landmark US health reform bill to be modified - Mar 25, 2010
- Many keep smoking even after cancer diagnosis - Jan 23, 2012
- Ted Kennedy Received Death Threats In His Lifetime - Jun 15, 2010
- Australia PM lauds 'great American' - Aug 27, 2009
- Hagman wins battle against cancer - Sep 05, 2012
- Americans lost a great patriot: Speaker - Aug 26, 2009
- Ted Kennedy dies of brain cancer aged 77 (Part-I) - Aug 26, 2009
Tags: barack obama, brain cancer, harry reid, inauguration, jim manley, kennedy story, media outlets, medical diagnosis, memorial day, recess, regimen, remission, senate majority leader, senate majority leader harry, senate majority leader harry reid, senate schedule, senator reid, senator ted kennedy, spokesman, ted kennedy