Ted Kennedy got two million dollars in advance for autobiographyJune 13th, 2009 - 2:57 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, June 13 (ANI): Senator Ted Kennedy was paid nearly two million dollars last year as an author’s advance for a new autobiography.
Grand Central Publishing, a division of Hachette Book Group (USA), has paid in advances for his yet untitled autobiography.
Ted Kennedy, the veteran Massachusetts Democrat who is battling brain cancer, was paid the huge sum part of an author’s advance for a new autobiography, according to financial disclosure reports made public on Friday.
But Kennedy, like many Americans and affluent lawmakers, saw a steep decline in his personal wealth during 2008, according to his latest financial disclosures, Politico reports.
Family trust funds that Kennedy had reported as worth at least 45 million dollars in 2007 now have a minimum value of 14 million dollars. Kennedy earned at least 1.5 million dollars in income from those trusts last year.
Kennedy’s overall net worth, at a minimum, declined from nearly 48 million dollars to 15.7 million dollars in the last year, the documents show. But since disclosure reports only include a range of asset and liability value, his true worth is likely to be far higher.
Kennedy also was given a 5,000 dollars painting from Jamie Wyeth, son of the famous American painter Andrew Wyeth, who died in January. The Senate Ethics Committee, according to the disclosure report, approved the gift. (ANI)
- Obama 2009 financials include $1600 pet Bo - May 18, 2010
- Nearly half of US lawmakers are millionaires - Nov 17, 2011
- FBI Files Divulge Death Threats On Ted Kennedy - Jun 15, 2010
- Argentine president inherits $6.8 mn - Aug 08, 2012
- Democratic favouritism outlines Trump political donation history - Apr 27, 2011
- FBI files show that Ted Kennedy received threats - Jun 15, 2010
- Kennedy Memoir Slated To Be Released On September - Aug 27, 2009
- Ted Kennedy faced several deaths threat after brothers' assassinations: FBI - Jun 15, 2010
- Kennedy's death brings end to historic chapter: Obama - Aug 26, 2009
- Vicki Kennedy involved in a family dispute - Aug 06, 2012
- 60 Minutes: Jimmy Carter Blasts Ted Kennedy on Health Care - Sep 17, 2010
- James Patterson is world's highest paid author - Aug 19, 2011
- Tabloid blanked Ted Kennedy's sexcapades for gossip on Jackie Onassis - Oct 11, 2010
- Obama to speak at Kennedy funeral; burial at Arlington (Lead) - Aug 27, 2009
- Facebook stock hits a new low of $24 - Jul 27, 2012
Tags: autobiography, brain cancer, disclosure report, family trust, famous american painter, financial disclosure, financial disclosures, hachette book group, hachette book group usa, jamie wyeth, massachusetts democrat, net worth, painter andrew wyeth, personal wealth, senate ethics committee, senator ted kennedy, steep decline, ted kennedy, true worth, trust funds