Ted Kennedy faced several deaths threat after brothers’ assassinations: FBIJune 15th, 2010 - 5:56 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, June 15 (ANI): Declassified secret memos of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) have revealed that former US Senator Edward Kennedy received many death threats in the years after his two brothers - former president John F Kennedy and former Senator Robert Kennedy — were assassinated in 1963 and 1968 respectively.
According to Politico, the over 2,200 pages include documents from seven separate FBI files detailing the FBI’s interaction with Kennedy, as well as its investigations into threats made against him.
One FBI memo from October 1968 - only months after the assassination of Senator Robert F. Kennedy - says the agency received two separate letters threatening Kennedy’s life.”To whom it may concern, assassination for Kennedy number three within twenty-four hours for the day October twenty-fifth nineteen sixty-eight. All Kennedy residents are in danger on that day,” read the first letter.
The second letter was similar: “To whom it may concern, a warning to the Kennedys. John Kennedy number one assassinated, Robert Kennedy number two assassinated, Ted Kennedy number three to be assassinated on a set date of October twenty-fifth nineteen sixty-eight. The Kennedy residents must be well protected on that date.”
Kennedy’s aides were made aware of the threats by the FBI and declined to pursue charges against those responsible.
Other documents detail threats made by hate groups, including the Ku Klux Klan and the National Socialist White People’s Party, as well as an investigation into a rumoured organized crime plot to kill the senator. (ANI)
- FBI files show that Ted Kennedy received threats - Jun 15, 2010
- FBI Files Divulge Death Threats On Ted Kennedy - Jun 15, 2010
- Ted Kennedy Received Death Threats In His Lifetime - Jun 15, 2010
- List of suspects behind John F. Kennedy's assasination up for grabs - Dec 13, 2010
- Robert Kennedy's assassin denied parole for 13th time - Mar 03, 2011
- Matt Damon to play U.S. Senator Robert F. Kennedy - Feb 25, 2010
- Matt Damon to play Senator Kennedy in new movie? - Feb 26, 2010
- Ted Kennedy's FBI File Released: JFK, Marilyn, and Teddy Sex Parties? - Jun 15, 2010
- Ted Kennedy 'arranged to rent brothel in Latin America' - Mar 01, 2011
- Black Man charged for sending 'KKK warning' - Apr 11, 2011
- Robert F.Kennedy's assassin to say he doesn't remember 1968 shooting - Mar 02, 2011
- Longest serving US Senator Byrd dies at 92 - Jun 29, 2010
- FBI files reveal 'mass cow sacrifices by aliens' sent White House into panic - Apr 14, 2011
- LAPD apologizes to the Kennedy clan for putting Robert Kennedy's items on display - Mar 04, 2010
- Kennedy was not interested in space travel - Sep 13, 2012
Tags: assassinations, death threats, edward kennedy, fbi files, fbi memo, federal bureau of investigation, hate groups, investigation fbi, john kennedy, kennedys, ku klux klan, organized crime, president john f kennedy, robert f kennedy, secret memos, senator edward kennedy, senator robert kennedy, ted kennedy, twenty four hours, us senator