Teacher in UK struck off for discussing her sex life with pupilsDecember 4th, 2010 - 4:30 pm ICT by ANI
London, Dec 4 (ANI): A teacher in Britain has been struck off the teaching register for two years after a court heard that she had referred to a group of students as ’slags’, and also explicitly discussed her sex life.
Lindsay Brown, 35, from Burton Latimer, Northants, was found by the General Teaching Council committee in Birmingham to have made sexual comments and spoke inappropriately about her private life when she taught at Southfield School for Girls, Kettering.
The GTC found six allegations of making inappropriate comments about colleagues and students, and fifteen allegations of discussing her private life and making inappropriate sexual comments, to be proven.
“Her behaviour clearly shows a continuing lack of judgement, a lack of acceptance and a lack of understanding about her role as a teacher,” the Daily Mail quoted presenting officer Stephanie Coates as saying.
The hearing heard how Brown openly discussed losing her virginity, taking drugs, her partner’s affair with another woman and how she would “burn in hell” because she didn’t believe in the Bible.
She also told a group of GCSE students to think about how many girls their age had had sex.
“We consider that Miss Brown seriously demeaned pupils in terms of their examination prospects,” chair of committee member Jill Hill said, as she delivered the sanction.
“She seriously undermined pupils by speaking inappropriately to them, and by doing so failed to comply with statutory regulations.
“We conclude that she brought the reputation and standing of the profession into serious disrepute.
“We have found evidence that this is not an isolated incident and that it had a serious effect on pupils,” she stated.
The teacher, who was promoted to Head of Year within seven months of joining the single-sex state school in Northamptonshire, defended some of the comments by saying she had a “fresh” approach to teaching. (ANI)
- British teacher charged with having sex chats with pupils - Dec 04, 2010
- 'Incompetent' Brit teacher is first to be banned from the profession for life - Oct 23, 2010
- Teaching ban on 'lesbian' Brit teacher who sent ex-colleague sexual notes, roses - Jan 30, 2011
- 'Loner' teacher in UK jailed for lesbian affair with 15-year-old pupil - Dec 09, 2010
- Teacher shocks pupils with wild posts on Facebook - Feb 09, 2012
- British teacher jailed for sex with underage student - Jun 19, 2012
- Facebook drinking posts teacher Elizabeth Scarlett reprimanded - Feb 08, 2012
- GTC Bans Nisar Ahmed From Teaching - Oct 25, 2010
- US teacher accused of having sex with students - Aug 21, 2012
- Female teacher in Wales 'shared shower with girl pupils' - Nov 04, 2010
- Brit teacher forced to quit after bombarding pupil with romantic texts - Dec 22, 2010
- Indian origin science teacher suspended by Canadian school for being late - Jun 03, 2010
- Teacher in topless photo scandal is back! - Oct 09, 2011
- US teacher held for sexual relation with student - Aug 12, 2012
- Oz student jailed for seeking 'vampire sex' online from girls under 14 - Feb 10, 2011
Tags: burton latimer, committee member, council committee, daily mail, disrepute, gcse students, general teaching council, gtc, inappropriate comments, jill hill, lindsay brown, northants, private life, sex life, sexual comments, single sex, southfield school, statutory regulations, stephanie coates, taking drugs