Tea Party supporters name Mitt Romney top choice for 2012 Presidential pollsMarch 27th, 2011 - 4:08 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Mar 27 (ANI): Tea Party supporters have favoured Mitt Romney as their top choice for President in 2012, a new Pew Research poll has revealed.
Twenty four percent of Tea Party backers have named the former Massachusetts Governor as the number one choice as a potential GOP presidential contender, the New York Daily News reports.
Sarah Palin’s ratings are slipping, according to the recent poll.
Romney beat out Tea Party favourites by double digits — Paul received 13 percent and Palin received 12 percent. Former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee garnered 19 percent of the Tea Partiers’ support, while former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich received 15 percent.
Tea Party favourite Michele Bachmann, who will reportedly launch a presidential exploratory committee, was reportedly not included in the list of possible candidates. (ANI)
- Trump in second place as GOP candidate: NBC Poll - Apr 07, 2011
- Most Americans can't name single GOP candidate: Poll - Apr 21, 2011
- Obama's rating plunges, yet ahead of GOP rivals: Poll - Apr 20, 2011
- Trump takes lead in GOP primary race, beats other Republicans: Poll - Apr 17, 2011
- Palin gets no vote in recent GOP straw poll - Feb 23, 2011
- Poll shows ex-Arkansas Governor Huckabee a hit with southern voters - Mar 02, 2011
- Ex-Massachusetts Governor Romney's Nevada edge getting smaller - Apr 29, 2011
- US Presidential wannabe Mike Huckabee way ahead of Republican rivals, finds poll - Jan 13, 2011
- Mitt Romney slightly ahead of potential 2012 GOP presidential candidates: Poll - Jan 25, 2011
- Over half of Americans think Obama will lose 2012 presidential re-election bid - Feb 09, 2011
- US Presidential wannabe Huckabee way ahead of Republican rivals: Poll - Mar 03, 2011
- Palin's favorability ratings drop to new low: Poll - Mar 17, 2011
- Obama leads over four potential 2012 GOP contenders: Poll - Jan 21, 2011
- Former Pennsylvania Senator wins South Carolina straw poll - Apr 10, 2011
- Lowans still looking for outstanding GOP contender ahead of Caucuses: Poll - Apr 30, 2011
Tags: arkansas governor mike huckabee, double digits, former arkansas governor mike huckabee, governor mike huckabee, massachusetts governor, michele bachmann, mike huckabee, mitt romney, new york daily news, newt gingrich, party supporters, pew research poll, presidential contender, presidential exploratory committee, presidential polls, recent poll, sarah palin, speaker of the house, tea party, top choice