Tata announcesJune 20th, 2008 - 11:10 am ICT by IANS
London, June 20 (IANS) Tata has said it will invest 700 million pounds in Jaguar Land Rover, creating 600 jobs. The Indian company said it will recruit engineers to work on “sustainable technologies” to improve the environmental performance of its vehicles. It said jobs will also be created in purchasing, finance and human resources and that a new programme will be launched to recruit more than 80 graduates in September.
Newly appointed JLR chief executive David Smith said Wednesday: “With our new owners, we have entered an exciting era with stunning new models and ambitious technologies… Sustainability is a business imperative and we need both experienced and newly qualified graduate engineers to progress the technology projects of the future.”
The company said that most of the jobs will be based at the firm’s development centre at Gaydon in Warwickshire.
Jaguar Land Rover human resources director Des Thurlby added: “The work on offer is cutting edge and the rewards impressive. This business has a bright future and we think it will be a very attractive place to work.”
The company employs about 16,000 staff at plants in the West Midlands and Merseyside. Jaguar Land Rover has facilities at Solihull and Castle Bromwich in the West Midlands, Whitley in Coventry, Gaydon in Warwickshire and Halewood in Merseyside.
- British MP demands to meet Ratan Tata over 'bad judgement' - Sep 27, 2009
- Deal to save jobs at TATA-owned Jaguar on anvil - Feb 25, 2009
- China to buy 13,000 Jaguars as part of new MoU - Feb 28, 2009
- TATA-owned Jaguar to hire 1500 for production jobs, more in the offing - Nov 21, 2010
- Indian outsourcing to figure at British 'summit' on Jaguar Land Rover - Nov 03, 2009
- Jaguar Land Rover to close British plant; no compulsory redundancies - Sep 24, 2009
- Jaguar Land Rover to axe 450 employees - Jan 14, 2009
- Jaguar Land Rover opens first plant in India - May 27, 2011
- Worker dies at Jaguar Land Rover factory - Sep 27, 2011
- TATA's Land Rover seeks 781 m pounds in UK Govt. loans - Apr 03, 2009
- Tata Motors to build 2,000 Land Rovers a year in Pune plant - Mar 02, 2011
- Jaguar Land Rover to invest 355 mn pounds on engines - Sep 19, 2011
- Tata's Jaguar Land Rover, China's Chery in joint venture - Mar 21, 2012
- Workers at TATA-owned Jaguar vote for a pay freeze - Mar 06, 2009
- Jaguar Land Rover to hit Indian roads in June (Lead) - May 01, 2009
Tags: attractive place, bright future, business imperative, castle bromwich, coventry, david smith, environmental performance, gaydon, graduate engineers, halewood, human resources director, investment plan, land rover, merseyside, solihull, sustainable technologies, technology projects, thurlby, warwickshire, west midlands