Taste the 1,500-calorie ‘latest food atrocity’ burger to believe it!June 23rd, 2010 - 3:01 pm ICT by ANI
Toronto, June 23 (ANI): A burger joint in the US has come up with a sandwich that has 1,500 calories, which is equivalent to nearly three KFC bun-less, fried chicken Double Downs.
Massachusetts-based chain Friendly’s new Grilled Cheese Burger Melt is a hefty beef patty buttressed between two oozing, grilled cheese sandwiches.
The Grilled Cheese BurgerMelt’s calorie count is about half the estimated energy requirement of an active adult male.
It also contains 97 grams of fat, more than triple the amount in a Big Mac, and 2,090 mg of sodium, far more than the recommended 1,500 mg daily intake.
Food bloggers are calling the newest creation from Friendly’s the “KFC Double Down on steroids,” “the latest food atrocity” and a “monstrosity.”
Friendly’s, meanwhile, is inviting customers to try it for themselves.
“You’ll have to taste it to believe it,” the Globe and Mail quoted the company’s website as saying. (ANI)
- KFC to keep the 'Double down Sandwich' on its menu - May 21, 2010
- KFC's 'Double Down' burger to be sold in New Zealand - May 10, 2011
- KFC 'Double Down' Makes America Fat, Cries Anti-Obesity Campaigners - May 21, 2010
- Giant burger sets new world record - Sep 04, 2012
- Krispy Kreme Burger: The Making of a "Killer" Snack - Aug 19, 2010
- Burger King launches '1160-calorie Meat Monster' in Japan - Apr 13, 2011
- Burger King to launch 'Pizza Burger' with 2,520-calorie! - Aug 23, 2010
- Unhealthiest of fast foods revealed - Aug 10, 2010
- KFC's Gamble On The 'Double Down' Is Working Rather Effectively - May 21, 2010
- Krispy Kreme Cheeseburger: 1000 Plus Calorie "Luther Burger" - Aug 18, 2010
- KFC in sexism row over 'obnoxious' sales promotion - Sep 23, 2010
- Burger King's NY Pizza Burger is waistline buster at 2,520 calories - Aug 19, 2010
- Meet Americans latest love - the 1,500-calorie 'Craz-E Burger'! - Oct 07, 2009
- Burger King's 'Pizza Burger' has a whooping 2500 calories - Aug 23, 2010
- In and out burger extends reach - Jun 03, 2009
Tags: adult male, atrocity, beef patty, bloggers, bun, calorie count, calories, cheese burger, double downs, energy requirement, estimated energy, fried chicken, globe and mail, grilled cheese sandwiches, june 23, kfc, monstrosity, sandwich, sodium, steroids