Tamil Nadu police deny existence of file on wanted Malaysian criminalAugust 8th, 2010 - 6:12 pm ICT by ANI
Chennai, Aug 8(ANI): Tamil Nadu Police has denied the existence of any case file on wanted Malaysian criminal Michael Soosai.
Soosai is wanted in connection with a million-ringgit fraud in Malaysia, and the 2004 kidnap-cum-murder of Indian national N. Subramaniam.
The 52-year-old had gone into hiding in Tamil Nadu in 2003, after faking his death in Malaysia. He is on the Interpol and Bukit Aman police “wanted list”.
“I have checked (with the department’s files)…we don’t have the case with us, no information (on Soosai). You have to check with the Malaysian police,” The New Straits Times quoted a Tamil Nadu Criminal Investigation Department official, as saying.
Since early 2000, Soosai topped the Malaysian police wanted list for his alleged links to at least 17 white collar crimes, mostly forging cheques, worth over RM one million.
Last month, three men were each sentenced to four years jail, and fined RM 15,000 by the Kuala Lumpur Sessions Court for their involvement in falsifying Soosai’s death certificate. (ANI)
- Fingerprint report confirms Malay-Indian fugitive Soosai's identity - Sep 03, 2010
- Malaysian criminal's move to fake his murder in India exposes him - Jul 09, 2010
- Malay Indian fugitive Soosai arrested - Aug 31, 2010
- MIC to submit proposals for inclusion of Indian community's issues in 10th Malaysia Plan - Mar 23, 2010
- Missing Indian millionaire's siblings looking for answers in Malaysia - Sep 29, 2010
- Malaysian Deputy PM heads for five-day visit to India - Mar 08, 2011
- High-ranking cop, officers nabbed in raids in Malaysia - Jul 13, 2010
- Nepal airport to be connected to Interpol - Jul 08, 2010
- Missing Indian millionaire's second wife plays recording of demand for ransom - Sep 24, 2010
- Parents of pregnant Malaysian teens resort to blackmailing boyfriends - Jan 11, 2011
- Malaysian Indian leader restrained from registering members - Mar 08, 2011
- Malaysia rescues hijacked tanker - Oct 29, 2011
- Missing Indian millionaire's brothers to seek higher authority over Malaysian police's foul play - Oct 01, 2010
- Malaysia raids football gambling syndicates - Jul 05, 2012
- Six foreigners held in Malaysian drug bust - Nov 21, 2011
Tags: case file, chennai, criminal investigation department, death certificate, existence, fraud, interpol, kuala lumpur, malaysian police, michael soosai, new straits times, one million, ringgit, sessions court, tamil nadu police, three men, white collar crimes