Talking about Jesus unacceptable in Brit schoolsFebruary 12th, 2009 - 4:55 pm ICT by ANI
London, Feb.12 (ANI): Talking about Jesus, it seems, has become unacceptable in schools in Britain.
A primary school receptionist is now potentially ”facing the sack” after her daughter was found talking about Jesus to a classmate
Jennie Cain, whose five-year-old daughter, Jasmine, was told off for talking about Jesus in class, is now facing the sack for seeking support from her church. According to The Telegraph, Cain sent a private e-mail to close friends to pray for her daughter after she was called into the school where she worked in Crediton, Devon, to be reprimanded.
Jasmine was overheard by a teacher discussing heaven and God with a friend and was pulled to one side and told off. Jennie Cain contacted 10 close friends from her church by e-mail but the message fell into the hands of Gary Read, the headmaster of Landscore Primary School where she works.
The 38-year-old mother of two is now being investigated for professional misconduct for allegedly making claims against the school and its staff.
Cain has been told she may be disciplined and could face dismissal. The Christian Institute is supporting her case by saying that Cain was the latest example of a Christian being persecuted by society. (ANI)
- Jasmine Lennard slams Kerry Katona - Aug 30, 2012
- We are so lucky to have her: Charles says about Kate - Apr 30, 2011
- Children who use e-mail lot brighter - Oct 12, 2011
- Facebook drinking posts teacher Elizabeth Scarlett reprimanded - Feb 08, 2012
- Argentine ex-spy accused of sex trafficking - Jan 31, 2012
- Three-cheese pizza with Jesus' face up for grabs on eBay in Oz - Mar 30, 2011
- School bans football as kids copy World Cup 'cheats' - Jul 22, 2010
- Indian woman hangs herself in UAE - May 19, 2012
- On Christmas, Delhi feels one - Dec 25, 2011
- Brit primary school teacher accidentally shows porn to pupils - Dec 10, 2010
- Claws out as Tiger Woods' ex-mistresses fight - Oct 14, 2010
- US man faces 5-yrs jail for reading wife's emails without permission - Dec 28, 2010
- Jenni-Lyn Watson's Friends To Hold A Prayer Service - Nov 28, 2010
- 12-year-old autistic boy hangs himself after being bullied - Dec 01, 2011
- Pranab avoided going to school, says elder sister - Jul 22, 2012