Taliban vows to avenge US soldier’s shootingMarch 12th, 2012 - 3:31 pm ICT by IANS
Moscow, March 12 (IANS/RIA Novosti) The Taliban have promised relatives of the civilians killed by an American soldier in a shooting spree that they will carry out revenge attacks.
“(We) shall take revenge from the invaders and the savage murderers for every single martyr … and they shall receive punishment for their barbaric actions,” the Taliban said on the Voice of Jihad website.
At least 15 civilians died after a US Army sergeant left his base near Kandahar and went from house to house in Zangabad village shooting locals, including women and children.
Afghan President Hamid Karzai said the incident “was impossible to forgive”.
- Three hurt in shooting at Afghan memorial service - Mar 13, 2012
- Suspect in Afghan killings claims memory loss: Report - Mar 20, 2012
- Karzai tells NATO to stop bombing homes in Afghanistan - May 31, 2011
- Syria to use chemical weapons against foreign attack - Jul 23, 2012
- Karzai condemns, US saddened over Afghan killings (Second Lead) - Mar 12, 2012
- Afghanistan seeks early security handover: Karzai - Mar 16, 2012
- Afghan attacks show NATO's failure: Karzai - Apr 16, 2012
- Karzai opens Facebook, Twitter accounts - Nov 25, 2011
- Afghan president to hold talks with Taliban - Jan 30, 2012
- NATO forces kill Afghan president's cousin by mistake - Mar 10, 2011
- US soldier kills 17 in Afghan shooting rampage - Mar 11, 2012
- Clinton regrets Afghan shooting incident - Mar 22, 2012
- Moscow cop held with one kg cocaine - Aug 18, 2012
- US vows full accountability in Afghan shooting (Lead, Changing dateline) - Mar 11, 2012
- Eight killed in Afghan bank attack - Feb 19, 2011
Tags: afghan president hamid, afghan president hamid karzai, american soldier, army sergeant, civilians, hamid karzai, kandahar, locals, martyr, moscow, murderers, president hamid karzai, relatives, revenge attacks, ria novosti, shooting spree, taliban, us army, voice of jihad