Taliban to convert two girls schools into madarassas in Bajaur AgencyJuly 9th, 2008 - 1:26 pm ICT by ANI
Khar ( Pakistan ), July 9 (ANI): Extremists belonging to the Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) have reportedly taken over two girls primary schools in the Bajaur Agency, and announced to convert them into madarassas.
The two schools - Government Girls Primary School Manugi and Government Girls Primary School Azghar Charmang - fall in Charmang area of Nawagai tehsil of the Agency, reported the Daily Times.
Separately, a bomb detonated in a residential area of the Bajaur Agency headquarters, partially damaging a house. There were no reports of any casualties.
Political agent Shafeerullah Khan said it was not a missile attack.
In a yet another incident, the TTP also returned 11 rifles and two vehicles to a jirga that they had snatched from Bajaur Scouts personnel two months ago in Salarzai. (ANI)
- After girls school, now Taliban destroys two boys school in Bajaur - May 03, 2010
- Two Pakistani Taliban leaders killed - Sep 02, 2012
- 18 militants killed in army operation in Pakistan - Aug 30, 2012
- Taliban blows up two more primary schools in FATA - Jul 06, 2010
- Suicide bomber kills 20, injures 42 near Pakistani market - May 04, 2012
- Pak security forces kill 22 militants in Bajaur - Nov 22, 2008
- Female teacher killed by militants in Pakistan's Bajaur - Sep 02, 2010
- 20 Taliban killed, 10 hurt in Pak security forces Bajaur operation - Nov 08, 2008
- Taliban militants destroy another girls' school in FATA - Jul 12, 2010
- Pak troops kill 12 Taliban in Bajaur, tribals form lashkars to support Army - Oct 25, 2008
- Terrorists blow up two schools in Pak's Bajaur Agency - Oct 24, 2010
- Pakistan mosque blast toll reaches 36 - Feb 18, 2012
- Key Taliban leader arrested in Islamabad - Jul 03, 2011
- Two Pak soldiers, 40 militants killed in FATA - Jun 10, 2010
- Five civilians killed in Pak military shelling in Bajaur Agency - Sep 26, 2008