Taliban threaten media of dire consequences over ‘unfair reports’April 29th, 2009 - 9:12 am ICT by IANS
Islamabad, April 29 (IANS) Pakistani Taliban have threatened the media of dire consequences if any statement or report is published against them, the Online news agency reported.
Posters have been put on display before the offices of news channels and newspapers on behalf of a Taliban commander, wherein it is alleged that the media has published negative reports about Taliban.
“Those media men who were launching campaign against Taliban should refrain from this act otherwise they would have to face dire consequences. If media did not change its attitude against the Taliban then Sharia courts would be moved against media men,” the poster reads.
Tariq Chaudhry of the Islamabad press club termed the threat regrettable, saying, the journalists’ community will evolve a strategy against the threat. “Media had supported peace deal. Taliban would have to investigate if the threat had come from their side or from someone else,” he underlined.
Shehr Yar Khan of the Islamabad union of journalists said media was working independently and no one could deprive media of this right. “Tehreek-e-Taliban should do their own job and we will do our job,” Khan said.
- A poster war against Taliban - Nov 09, 2010
- Pakistani prosecutors decline cases against militants - Nov 13, 2010
- Islamabad residents say no to posters - Aug 16, 2011
- The Taliban are back to spread terror in Pak army 'sanitized' Bajaur Agency - Jun 16, 2010
- Pakistani Taliban asks government to stop operations - Nov 15, 2011
- Pakistani Taliban splits - Jun 27, 2011
- Britain moves to ban Pakistani Taliban - Jan 18, 2011
- Pakistani Taliban claims responsibility for scribe's murder - Jan 19, 2012
- UN to review security of foreign aid workers in Pak following Taliban threat - Aug 27, 2010
- Pakistan cleric offers reward to kill Christian woman - Dec 04, 2010
- Pak Taliban demands death for Raymond Davis - Feb 14, 2011
- Taliban threaten to hit more Pakistan targets - Jun 30, 2011
- Bomb attack strikes U.S. Consulate vehicles in Pakistan - May 20, 2011
- TTP claims Qari Hussain Mehsud alive, brands news report of his death 'drama' - Oct 17, 2010
- Taliban stronghold in Bajaur falls, Pak forces plan Khyber offensive - Mar 03, 2010