Taliban denies release of 30 Pak soldiersNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:15 am ICT by admin
Masood told an Online that all reports about the soldiers being released were baseless and unfounded.
South Waziristan Political Agent Hussain Zada Khan and Assistant Political Agent Laddha Yahya Khawanzada have also denied the reports.
Pro-Taliban militants captured over 280 soldiers in August while they were en route from WANA to Laddah.
Meanwhile, President Pervez Musharraf had said that before doing anything else, the troops should have made sure that “they had occupied the heights and dominated the position”.
“I think they acted unprofessionally in that they were trying to clear a roadblock without taking any precautionary measures,” Musharraf said.
Last week, Major Attique Azam had said, “The Army can use the option of force or negotiation.”
The soldiers have been in captivity since August 30. (ANI)
- Taliban releases 30 Pak Army soldiers - Nov 14, 2007
- Terrorists launch rocket attacks in South Waziristan following Kayani visit, no casualties - Dec 07, 2010
- Tribal elders asked to expel Pak Taliban living as IDPs - May 12, 2010
- Taliban commander ends truce with Pakistan Army after Osama killing - May 05, 2011
- Army to quit Waziristan if tribals cooperate: Kayani (Lead) - Jun 24, 2011
- South Waziristan tribe agrees to abide by 2007 peace accord - Jul 03, 2009
- No army in Waziristan if tribals behave: Kayani - Jun 24, 2011
- Taliban tenacity, ineffective governance negating Pak army gains in S.Waziristan - Nov 20, 2010
- Masood Azhar back in business, says Pakistani paper - Sep 07, 2011
- Afghan forces attack Pak check post in South Waziristan - Apr 27, 2011
- Seven soldiers killed in Pakistan - Mar 10, 2012
- Five killed in US drone attack in South Waziristan - Jun 18, 2009
- Five troopers killed in Pakistan suicide bombing - Dec 24, 2011
- US drone strikes kill 18 in Pakistan - Jun 06, 2011
- Pak Army between 'devil and deep sea' over US pressure to move into N.Waziristan - May 11, 2010