Taliban commander among seven killed in AfghanistanJune 2nd, 2009 - 6:56 pm ICT by IANS
Kabul, June 2 (Xinhua) Six people were killed Tuesday in a suicide bomb attack in Afghanistan’s northeastern Bagram district, while a senior Taliban commander was killed in a separate incident in the country’s southern Helmand province, officials said.
In the latest incident, a suicide bomber blew up a civilian car in Bagram district Tuesday, 50 km north of Kabul, killing all six people in the vehicle, the interior ministry said in a statement.
“The terrorist incident took place at 09.00 a.m. in Khan Aqa village when a suicide bomber targeted a civilian car, killing six people, including two men, two women and two children,” the statement said, adding that another child was injured in the blast.
Bagram serves as the headquarters of the US-led Coalition forces in Afghanistan.
In a separate incident, a senior Taliban commander was killed in an air raid at a militant hideout Monday night in the restive southern Helmand province, provincial administration spokesman Daud Ahmadi said Tuesday.
“The international troops in chasing insurgents conducted air raids against the Taliban in Gereshk district Monday night, killing Taliban commander Mawlawi Akhtar Mohammad Mansoor,” Ahmadi said.
He added that Mansoor was an important Taliban leader in the province.
The Taliban insurgents have vowed to step up their attacks on Afghan forces in the country.
- Seven Taliban killed in Afghanistan - Jan 09, 2012
- Two kids killed in Afghan bombing - Apr 12, 2012
- Afghan militants kill four on spying charges - Feb 21, 2012
- Triple suicide bombings kill 18 in Afghanistan (Lead) - Sep 18, 2012
- 20 Taliban killed in Afghanistan - Apr 24, 2012
- 22 Taliban, five cops killed in Afghan attack - Jul 08, 2012
- Seven die in Afghanistan blast - Feb 28, 2012
- Two policemen among 12 killed in Afghan clash - Jan 19, 2012
- 10 killed in Afghan roadside bombing - Dec 29, 2011
- Afghan forces kill three Taliban - Oct 02, 2011
- Suicide bombing rocks Afghanistan city - Sep 27, 2011
- 50 Taliban killed in NATO drone strike - Aug 18, 2012
- Four killed, 31 hurt in Afghan car bombing (Lead) - Jan 26, 2012
- Taliban kill 25 road crew guards in Afghanistan - Aug 21, 2010
- Bloodshed at picnic: 17 Afghan civilians killed by Taliban - Aug 27, 2012
Tags: afghanistan kabul, air raid, air raids, aqa, civilian car, coalition forces, helmand province, hideout, interior ministry, international troops, mansoor, provincial administration, senior taliban, suicide bomb attack, suicide bomber, taliban, taliban commander, taliban leader, terrorist incident, xinhua