Taiwan’s independence moves doomed to fail: HuMarch 4th, 2008 - 8:02 pm ICT by admin
Beijing, March 4 (Xinhua) Chinese President Hu Jintao said here Tuesday the “secessionist activities” in Taiwan have become the greatest menace to China’s sovereignty and territorial integrity, but such activities are doomed to fail. “The ‘Taiwan independence’ activities have run counter to the Chinese nation’s strong will to safeguard national unity. Such activities will get nowhere and are doomed to fail,” Hu told the political advisors attending the first annual full session of the 11th National Committee of the Chinese People’s Political Consultative Conference (NCCPPCC) here.
Hu, also general secretary of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of China and chairman of the Central Military Commission, observed that the “Taiwan independence” activities have become “the biggest menace to national sovereignty and territorial integrity, the biggest obstacle to the development of cross-Strait relations, and the biggest threat to peace and stability in the Taiwan Straits.”
He said the mainland would make efforts to build an atmosphere conducive to safeguarding peace in the Straits and promoting peaceful reunification of the “motherland”.
Hu said, “we adhere to the one-China principle as the foundation, while seeking benefits for compatriots on both sides of the Straits as the objective, and the deepening of mutually-beneficial, win-win exchange and cooperation as the approach.”
“We are ready to have exchange, dialogue, consultation and negotiation with any political parties in Taiwan, as long as they recognize that both sides of the Taiwan Straits belong to one China,” Hu stated.
- China opposes US-Taiwan relations - Jul 19, 2012
- 'Taiwan independence' doomed to fail - Hu - Mar 05, 2008
- China to modernise military: Defence minister - Aug 01, 2011
- China to enhance its armed forces capabilities - Aug 01, 2010
- China criticises Japan's 2011 defence white paper - Aug 04, 2011
- China, Taiwan sign historic economic pact (Lead) - Jun 29, 2010
- One-China principle will never change, says Hu - Aug 11, 2008
- Taiwan can join global bodies within one China policy: Hu - Dec 31, 2008
- Japanese statements violate China's sovereignty, territorial integrity - Oct 30, 2010
- 'Chinese military power in line with defence needs' - Jun 04, 2012
- China poses no economic, military threat to US: Hu Jintao - Jan 21, 2011
- President Hu puts forward four proposals to improve 'Sino-US ties' - Jan 17, 2011
- Wen reiterates support to Pakistan's sovereignty - Aug 25, 2011
- Taiwan bets on trade pact to avert China invasion - May 19, 2010
- China warns US to keep off Tibet and Taiwan - Jan 21, 2011
Tags: central committee of the communist party, central military commission, china principle, chinese nation, chinese president hu, chinese president hu jintao, communist party of china, cross strait relations, hu jintao, national sovereignty, national unity, peace and stability, peaceful reunification, political consultative conference, president hu jintao, secessionist, taiwan independence, taiwan straits, territorial integrity, xinhua