‘Taiwan independence’ doomed to fail - HuMarch 5th, 2008 - 3:00 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, Mar.5 (ANI): Chinese President Hu Jintao said on Tuesday that secessionist activities in Taiwan have become the greatest menace to China’s national sovereignty and territorial integrity, but such activities are doomed to fail.
Hu was addressing political advisors attending the first annual full session of the 11th National Committee of the Chinese People’s Political Consultative Conference in Beijing.
Hu observed that “Taiwan independence” activities have become “the biggest menace to national sovereignty and territorial integrity, the biggest obstacle to the development of cross-Strait relations, and the biggest threat to peace and stability in the Taiwan Straits.”
He pledged that the mainland would make utmost effort to do a good job in anything that is good to the Taiwan compatriots and conducive to safeguarding peace in the Taiwan Straits and promoting the peaceful reunification of the motherland.
“We are always committed to our pledges to the Taiwan compatriots. We will never sway upon temporary fluctuations of the situation, or change upon a few individuals’ deliberate disturbances,” said the president.
As for the realization of peaceful development of cross-Strait relations, Hu said, “we take adherence to the one-China principle as the foundation, with the seeking of benefits for compatriots on both sides of the Straits as the objective, and the deepening of mutually-beneficial, win-win exchange and cooperation as the approach.”
“The negotiation will be conducted on an equal footing with completely open topics — there is nothing we can’t talk about,” he added. (ANI)
- China opposes US-Taiwan relations - Jul 19, 2012
- Taiwan's independence moves doomed to fail: Hu - Mar 04, 2008
- China to modernise military: Defence minister - Aug 01, 2011
- China poses no economic, military threat to US: Hu Jintao - Jan 21, 2011
- China, Taiwan sign historic economic pact (Lead) - Jun 29, 2010
- President Hu puts forward four proposals to improve 'Sino-US ties' - Jan 17, 2011
- Taiwan bets on trade pact to avert China invasion - May 19, 2010
- China warns US to keep off Tibet and Taiwan - Jan 21, 2011
- Taiwan can join global bodies within one China policy: Hu - Dec 31, 2008
- One-China principle will never change, says Hu - Aug 11, 2008
- Cross-Straits forum in China decides to go green - Jul 10, 2010
- Chinese culture minister visits Taiwan - Sep 02, 2010
- Taiwan protests its exports labelled 'Made in Taiwan, China' - May 23, 2010
- China cornerstone of Pakistan's foreign policy: Gilani - Jan 17, 2012
- Hu offers six peace proposals for cross-Strait ties - Dec 31, 2008
Tags: china principle, chinese president hu, chinese president hu jintao, cross strait relations, equal footing, hu jintao, motherland, national committee, national sovereignty, peace and stability, peaceful development, peaceful reunification, political consultative conference, president hu jintao, secessionist, taiwan compatriots, taiwan independence, taiwan straits, territorial integrity, utmost effort