Tabby mauls baby, leaves her with savaged faceAugust 28th, 2012 - 7:14 pm ICT by IANS
London, Aug 28 (IANS) A woman in a British city was woken up by screams of her baby girl who was left mauled by a neighbour’s cat.
As Samantha, 23, reached her baby, she found her being savaged in her cot by a neighbour’s cat. The tabby was still on the head of the terrified baby - clawing at the bloodied 17-month-old’s face, The Sun reported.
“I was woken around midnight by her screaming and ran into her bedroom. She (name withheld) was in her cot covered in blood with the cat on her. If it had scratched an inch lower she would have lost her eye,” said the part-time waitress mother.
The mother grabbed her daughter and rushed her to hospital, where she required 17 stitches to a gaping wound on her right brow and spent three days in hospital.
Samantha is so upset that she plans to move from her home near Salisbury city in Wiltshire county, where the cat got in through a window.
“It was horrific. This cat is still walking around our garden,” she said.
- Mum saves kids by pinning down attacking dog - Aug 24, 2011
- Breastfeeding women hold protest after abuse in cafe - Jul 05, 2012
- Toddler drowns in bucket - Apr 27, 2011
- Living next door to Octomom Nadya Suleman is a nightmare: Neighbours - Jan 24, 2011
- Toddler Dies In Russian Sewer System Tragedy - Jan 10, 2012
- Girl gets 175 stitches after being mauled by dog - Aug 21, 2010
- BBC Receives 9,000 Complaints Over "EastEnders" Baby Exchange Episode - Jan 09, 2011
- British woman force feeds baby to death! - Nov 12, 2011
- Woman mauled by cheetahs in South African game park - May 04, 2012
- 150 cats die in Beijing blaze - Feb 18, 2012