Sydney Harbour to hold world’s largest New Year’s Eve partyDecember 27th, 2010 - 6:08 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, Dec 27 (ANI): Sydney Harbour in Australia is set to have the world’s largest New Year’s Eve party with hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of fireworks ready to burst overhead as a gigantic lighting array illuminates the Harbour Bridge.
The celebrations, set to take place on December 31, will for the first time have fireworks displays that are computer designed, the Daily Telegraph reported.
And organisers of the Harbour festivities promise it will be bigger than New York, Paris or Berlin.
Central to this year’s show will be a 36sqm layered light platform installed on the side of the Bridge, which will beam out during the 12-minute midnight display.
One man who will be a keen observer is Fortunato Foti, the fireworks director. In charge for the past 11 years, he said this year will have never-before-seen pyrotechnics, a year in development. (ANI)
- New Year celebrations begin in Australia, New Zealand - Dec 31, 2010
- World welcomes New Year amid blizzard, flood and blasts (Lead) - Jan 01, 2011
- Europe, US, other nations celebrate New Year with gusto, fireworks - Jan 01, 2011
- Fog, mist in Britain may dampen New Year celebrations - Dec 31, 2010
- China-made fireworks to light up London Olympics - Jul 27, 2012
- Mass blackbird deaths in US on New Year's eve - Jan 03, 2012
- New Year fireworks set off 5,945 blazes in China - Feb 07, 2011
- World's largest floating Christmas tree lighted - Dec 06, 2010
- Oprah Winfrey scales Sydney Harbour Bridge adorned with 'O' - Dec 12, 2010
- X-ray technique peers beneath surfaces of artefacts - Mar 26, 2011
- Ultrafast lasers make mini X-ray device possible - Jun 08, 2012
- World celebrates arrival of 2012 - Jan 01, 2012
- Shelter Island: The Place To Be On Independence day - Jun 30, 2010
- Four tonnes of banned fireworks seized in Italy - Dec 30, 2011
- Brazil lights world's largest floating Christmas tree - Nov 28, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,