Sydney casino seeks to attract gamblers with $100m fleet of jetsSeptember 5th, 2010 - 5:17 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, Sep 5 (ANI): In order to attract gambling stars to Sydney, Star City Casino is planning to buy a 100-million-dollar fleet of jets and convert its harbour front into a wharf for the world’s biggest yachts.
High rollers will be wined and dined in luxurious penthouse suites with kitchens designed by some of the nation’s best chefs.
The casino’s US management is also aiming high on entertainment, hoping to entice stars such as Michael Bubl aac and Elton John to headline concerts after its 890 million dollar makeover is completed at the end of next year.
Casino chief executive Larry Mullin said a no-holds-barred approach was necessary to make Star City a must-see destination for the biggest gamblers, known as whales.
“The only limits are our imaginations,” the Daily Telegraph quoted him as saying.
“The game plan is to put us on the map so people travelling around the world put this casino on their lists as a place they have to visit.
“There’s nothing Sydney shouldn’t be first for.
“It’s the bigger and better positioned city. For the premium level, it will offer the pinnacle of what the world has to offer,” he said.
Under consideration are aircraft such as the Bombardier Global Express, the sort owned by Frank Lowy and Packer; the Gulf Stream 550, billed as the world’s most advanced business jet; and the Boeing Business jet, which is used by the Prime Minister.
Mr Mullin said the casino hoped to revamp the jetty area into a wharf complex that would attract the owners of the world’s largest ocean-going private yachts.
“That area is the sleeping giant,” Mullin said.
“We’d love to accept those kinds of boats - the only issue we would have is that they fit under the Harbour Bridge,” he added. (ANI)
- Nepal's billion-rupee casino industry faces trouble - Nov 11, 2010
- Private jet market soars in India - Feb 19, 2012
- New Nepal casino targets Indians in UP, Bihar - Dec 02, 2010
- Kristen Stewart swears at paparazzi - May 31, 2010
- Rihanna promotes 'Battleship' - Apr 11, 2012
- Bombardier Aerospace to open service facility in Macon, Georgia - Feb 18, 2010
- Oprah Winfrey scales Sydney Harbour Bridge adorned with 'O' - Dec 12, 2010
- Bon Jovi to perform for Oprah's guests - Nov 22, 2010
- Cate Blanchett's theatre 'goes green' - Jun 26, 2010
- Nepal's casino kingdom faces guillotine - Feb 12, 2011
- Goa earned Rs.30 crore from casino entry fee - Aug 06, 2012
- India to finance major harbour in Sri Lanka (Lead) - May 08, 2011
- $1b 'floating Monaco city' yacht that has beach, buildings! - Jan 17, 2011
- Nepal parliament orders casinos to quit Kathmandu - Feb 03, 2011
- Buffett's NetJets places biggest order with Bombardier - Mar 02, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,