Sydney and Melbourne women do battle for the best single blokes!June 2nd, 2009 - 3:01 pm ICT by ANI
Melbourne, June 2 (AIN): Victorian tourism bosses have come up with a new “Melbourne Match” campaign that aims at helping Sydney women poach the best single blokes.
Ten eligible bachelors are said to have volunteered to hook up with New South Wales women as part of the internet marketing push.
According to reports, Tourism Victoria is of the opinion that arranging romantic dates for eight prominent Sydney women and two competition winners may help encourage others to head south.
However, the Tourism Victoria campaign has not gone down well with some solo Melbourne women.
They are said to be livid at the turf invasion, especially during a perceived “man drought”.
One Sarah Case, a businesswoman by profession, said that the NSW women should “back off”.
“I think it’s totally unfair. They should stay in their own state,” news.com.au quoted her as saying.
“We have enough trouble finding good men down here without someone else stealing them all,” she added.
The craze about the campaign manifests itself in the fact that it is doing the rounds on YouTube and Twitter, and has a dedicated website and blog.
Campaign match-maker Emma-Kate Dobbin revealed that she was already facing a deluge of entries from Sydney women. (ANI)
- Oz 'love hot-spots' where most single men can be found revealed - Dec 22, 2010
- Australian to graduate at 97! - May 04, 2012
- Katich keen to regain Oz Test spot - Feb 23, 2011
- Sydney seeks to attract Indian students from 'racist attacks' seeped Melbourne - Feb 11, 2010
- Dean Jones becomes a professional golfer - Jul 11, 2012
- Australian states for vocational student visa changes - Oct 10, 2011
- Australia's New South Wales has most racial tensions - Feb 23, 2011
- NSW says it won't block Cricket Australia reforms - Feb 11, 2012
- Victoria, NSW premiers wrestle over racist attacks on Indians - Feb 12, 2010
- Largest-ever Australian trade mission to visit India - Jan 27, 2012
- CA urged to appoint independent governing body - Apr 14, 2011
- Ground to be named after Shane Warne - Nov 12, 2010
- Neil Maxwell man behind securing Indian funding for Oz IPL-style T20 tournament - Oct 29, 2010
- 50pct Oz men would get their willies enlarged - Jul 24, 2009
- Ponting joins native Hobart Hurricanes to show loyalty - Jul 07, 2011
Tags: blokes, businesswoman, competition winners, deluge, dobbin, doing the rounds, drought, eligible bachelors, match maker, melbourne women, new south wales, news com au, nsw women, romantic dates, state news, sydney women, tourism victoria, twitter, victorian tourism, youtube