Swiss man jailed in Cambodia for child sexSeptember 14th, 2012 - 7:38 pm ICT by IANS
Phnom Penh, Sep 14 (IANS) An 81-year-old Swiss man was Friday convicted by a court in Cambodia’s capital for his involvement in child prostitution. He was sentenced to five years in jail, Xinhua reported.
The Phnom Penh municipal court also found Hugo Leuthold guilty of illegally entering the country.
The court sentenced him to five years in jail and ordered him to pay a compensation of two million riel (around $500) to the complainant.
The man will be expelled from the country after his jail term.
Leuthold was arrested in March in a hotel in Phnom Penh where he had sex with a minor under 15.
The man had been previously arrested on Christmas day in 2010 in Sihanoukville and later sentenced to two years in prison for sexually abusing four boys aged between 11 and 13. He was, however, released after 10 months in jail.
- Cambodia sentences two Thai nationalists to jail guilty of spying - Feb 02, 2011
- Cambodia and Thailand agree to remove troops from disputed border - Sep 16, 2011
- Norwegian arrested in Cambodia on underage sex charges - Jan 22, 2010
- US Navy hospital ship heads to Cambodia - Jul 26, 2012
- Khmer Rouge torturer sentenced to 35 years (Lead) - Jul 26, 2010
- Cambodian general jailed for attacking 2 teachers, boy - Mar 17, 2010
- Fabio Cannavaro to help Cambodia promote football - Jan 09, 2012
- Khmer Rouge prison chief sentenced to 35 years in prison - Jul 26, 2010
- Indian trade promotion office opens in Cambodia - Sep 02, 2012
- US man jailed for child sex tourism in Cambodia - Dec 21, 2010
Tags: 10 months, cambodia, child prostitution, child sex, christmas, christmas day, complainant, hotel in phnom penh, hugo, leuthold, municipal court, riel, sex with a minor, sihanoukville, swiss man, two million, xinhua