Swiss circus tightrope walker creates world record for highest cable walkJanuary 31st, 2011 - 6:02 pm ICT by ANI
London, Jan 31 (ANI): Daredevil Freddy Nocks has set a new world record for the highest ever cable wire walk.
The Swiss adventurer walked from 10,836ft to 8,865ft, which is nearly two miles from the ground.
The 46-year-old circus tightrope walker did not use a harness or safety nets as he hovered above the clouds in Silvaplana, Switzerland, reports the Sun.
It was second time lucky for Swiss Freddy, as he was forced to quit previously due to bad weather. (ANI)
- Man crosses 6,000 ft high canyon without safety net - Apr 23, 2012
- Daredevil makes new high wire record by walking 260ft in the air - Aug 30, 2010
- A 3-year-old Chinese Girl Marches On A Tightrope Over Ravenous Siberian Tigers - Apr 14, 2010
- Niagara Falls Tightrope Walk To Cost Over $1 million - Jun 15, 2012
- Chinese tightrope walker survives high wire fall - Jul 09, 2012
- NASA to probe Jupiter's stormy clouds - Jul 31, 2011
- Kiwi rescuers free baby seal entangled in a thong - Sep 06, 2012
- Gulmarg weaves its magic around tourists (With images) - Apr 03, 2011
- 'Year of Water' to greet Indian tourists in Switzerland - Jan 24, 2012
- Adili Wuxor sets new tightrope-walking record - Jul 02, 2010
- Dog walking 'one of UK's fastest-growing job' - Apr 10, 2011
- Submarine cable fault affects Internet services in east Africa - Feb 28, 2012
- Swiss engineers close to creating world's longest railway tunnel - Oct 13, 2010
- QPR eyes Zambia's Emmanuel Mayuka - Aug 22, 2012
- WikiLeaks website back up on Swiss network after six-hour shutdown - Dec 03, 2010