Sweden contributes more than $4 mn to clean energy fundNovember 4th, 2008 - 4:57 pm ICT by IANS
Manila, Nov 4 (DPA) The Asian Development Bank (ADB) said Tuesday Sweden has agreed to contribute $4.7 million to a financing facility that aims to promote clean energy in the region.With the contribution, Sweden joined Norway and Australia as the third contributor to the multi-donor Clean Energy Financing Partnership Facility, which is administered by the Manila-based ADB.
The fund aims to improve energy security in Asia and seeks to help countries shift to low-carbon economies by investing in technologies and practices that reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
“We appreciate the generous assistance to ADB’s clean energy financing programme, which will help bolster our response to the dual issues of energy security and climate change,” said Werner Liepach, principal director of the Office of Cofinancing Operations.
The Clean Energy Financing Partnership Facility, which was established in April 2007, has since financed nearly 20 clean energy and energy efficiency projects in ADB member countries.
- ADB assistance increased by 42 percent in 2009: Report - Apr 22, 2010
- ADB to give 150 million dollars as credit to scale up India's solar power sector - Apr 19, 2011
- Asian Development Bank to fund projects in India - Nov 17, 2009
- Asian Development Bank assistance to help Assam tackle floods - Nov 20, 2008
- Asian Development Bank announces $2 bn aid for Pakistan - Aug 19, 2010
- Development banks pledge $175 bn for sustainable transport - Jun 21, 2012
- ADB aid to developing countries tops $21.7 bn in 2011 - Apr 26, 2012
- ADB signs JV to develop renewable energy in India - Nov 24, 2010
- ADB gives $300 mn loan to Bangladesh - Aug 11, 2011
- $3 mn ADB flood aid for Pakistan - Oct 28, 2011
- ADB to give $889 million for Himachal, Assam power projects - Jan 19, 2011
- ADB warns of carbon emissions from vehicles - May 30, 2009
- ADB appoints L.Venkatachalam as vice-president - Apr 23, 2010
- India, ADB ink loan pact for clean energy project in Himachal Pradesh - Jan 18, 2011
- ADB 2009 performance on track: Report - Apr 22, 2010
Tags: asian development bank, climate change, dual issues, energy efficiency projects, energy financing, energy fund, energy security, generous assistance, greenhouse gas emissions, principal director