Suspected Lashkar-e-Taiba terrorists sent to police custodyDecember 18th, 2008 - 6:51 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Dec 18 (IANS) A Mumbai court Thursday sent to 14-day police custody Fahim Ansari and Sabauddin Ahmed, who are believed to be Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) terrorists involved in the Nov 26 Mumbai terror attacks.The Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) brought the two men to Mumbai Wednesday night from Uttar Pradesh police’s custody to probe their suspected involvement with Pakistan-based Lashkar-e-Taiba terrorists who struck in Mumbai 26/11.
Fahim was arrested by the Uttar Pradesh police last February for his involvement in an armed attack on a Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) camp in Rampur town. He is said to have admitted to being an LeT member and had even attended terror training camps in Pakistan.
The police learnt that Fahim visited Mumbai and marked the locations and approach routes of important buildings hand-drawn maps of the city, which were later attacked by the terrorists. The maps were seized from him when the Uttar Pradesh police arrested him.
Salauddin Ahmed, who was allegedly involved in the attack on Indian Institute of Science (IISc) in Bangalore in 2005, is also believed to have provided vital information about the 26/11 Mumbai terror attacks, in which over 170 people were killed and nearly 300 injured.
Mumbai Police hope to gather more vital information from the two about the Mumbai terror attacks. They were presented before metropolitan magistrate N. N. Shreemangale Thursday.
- Ansari, Ahmed can't walk free - Rampur blast case remains - May 03, 2010
- Two Indians absolved, Pakistani Kasab guilty for 26/11 (Lead) - May 03, 2010
- Fahim Ansari's wife relieved at his acquittal - Aug 30, 2012
- Fahim Ansari, Sabauddin to be tried in Uttar Pradesh - May 03, 2010
- Apex court issues notice to 26/11 attack acquitted - Sep 02, 2011
- Fahim Ansari returned to Mumbai from Uttar Pradesh court - Jun 04, 2010
- Kasab held guilty for 26/11, two Indians freed (Third Lead) - May 03, 2010
- Mumbai attack: Court reserves order on Kasab's appeal - Jan 17, 2011
- Kasab will hang, Supreme Court says (Roundup) - Aug 29, 2012
- Jundal to be questioned in arms haul case - Aug 13, 2012
- Abu Jundal's police custody extended till Aug 13 - Jul 31, 2012
- Jundal records statement before magistrate - Aug 12, 2012
- Kasab guilty in 26/11 case, two Indians acquitted (Second Lead) - May 03, 2010
- Pakistani Kasab guilty of 26/11, Indians absolved (Roundup) - May 03, 2010
- How Ansari, Ahmed were acquitted in terror trial - May 03, 2010