Suronjay wins gold in European Grand Prix boxingMay 18th, 2009 - 10:34 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 17 (IANS) Suranjoy Singh sizzled with a gold on the concluding day of the European Grand Prix boxing as India finished their campaign with four medals in Usti Nad Labem, Czech Republic.
Suranjoy emerged as the lone Indian gold medallist when he beat Armenia’s H Danielyan 4-1 in the fly weight category final Sunday, according to imformation received here.
India had earlier won three bronze medals in the championship.
Beijing Olympics bronze medallist Vijender Singh (75kg), Manoj Kumar (64kg) and Jai Bhagwan (60kg) all finished third after losing in the semifinals.
- Vijender knocked out of World Boxing Championships - Oct 01, 2011
- Indian boxer Shiva wins silver in Czech Grand Prix - Mar 25, 2012
- CWG boxing: Vijender knocked out; Suranjoy, Manoj in finals (Lead) - Oct 11, 2010
- World Boxing meet: Vikas lone Indian to reach semis - Oct 06, 2011
- Only an Asian Games gold will erase CWG memories: Vijender - Oct 18, 2010
- Akhil, Vijender to lead charge in World Boxing Championship - Aug 18, 2011
- Indian boxers aiming for gold in London Olympics - Jan 20, 2012
- CWG boxing: Vijender knocked out; Suranjoy, Manoj, Paramjit in finals (Roundup) - Oct 12, 2010
- CWG Boxing: Vijender moves into semis, Akhil crashes out - Oct 11, 2010
- World Boxing Championships: Krishan settles for bronze - Oct 08, 2011
- Shiva Thapa enters final at Czech boxing meet - Mar 24, 2012
- Shiva, Sangwan secure London Olympics berth (Roundup) - Apr 11, 2012
- Shiva Thapa youngest Indian boxer to qualify for Olympics (Lead) - Apr 11, 2012
- Indian boxers look to make a mark at the grandest stage (Preview) - Jul 27, 2012
- First round bye for Vijender and Suranjoy in CWG boxing - Oct 05, 2010
Tags: armenia, beijing olympics, boxing, bronze medallist, bronze medals, czech republic, fly, gold medallist, grand prix, India, indian gold, jai bhagwan, manoj kumar, nad labem, New Delhi, olympics, weight category