Supreme Court disposes plea on Prabhakaran’s motherMay 14th, 2010 - 3:06 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 14 (IANS) The Supreme Court Friday disposed a petition seeking a direction to the central government to fly the ailing mother of
the slain Tamil Tigers chief to Chennai for medical treatment.
Petitioner and Chennai-based lawyer R. Kuruppan also wanted the court to direct the central government to ensure that no foreigner who comes to the country with a valid Indian visa is forcibly deported.
The petition assailed the central government’s decision to deport Parvathi Ammal, mother of Velupillai Prabhakaran, when she flew into Chennai airport from Malaysia.
He said she was sent back to Malaysia despite holding a valid visa issued by the Indian high commission in Kuala Lumpur.
Prabhakaran, the founder leader of the Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam (LTTE), was killed along with his top lieutenants in May last year by the Sri Lankan military.
- Supreme Court to hear plea on Prabhakaran's mother - May 13, 2010
- Supreme Court rejects plea on Prabhakaran's mother (Second Lead) - May 14, 2010
- DMK takes on UPA over Prabhakaran's mother (Second Lead) - Apr 19, 2010
- Centre allows Prabhakaran's mother to visit India for treatment - May 10, 2010
- Prabhakaran's mother deported: DMK seeks clarification (Lead) - Apr 19, 2010
- Supreme Court rejects plea on Prabhakaran's mother (Lead) - May 14, 2010
- Vaiko to fast against deportation of Prabhakaran's ailing mother - Apr 17, 2010
- Karunanidhi offers help to Prabhakaran's mother - Apr 19, 2010
- Sri Lanka refuses entry to Indian politicians - Feb 22, 2011
- Prabhakaran's mother can come but only for treatment: India - May 10, 2010
- Tamil Nadu recommends entry to Prabhakaran's mother - May 03, 2010
- Lives of Lankan Tamils still the same, says Chennai based lawyer - Jan 25, 2011
- Slain LTTE leader Prabhakaran's mother passes away in Sri Lanka - Feb 20, 2011
- Indian MP refused entry into Sri Lanka - Feb 22, 2011
- Tamil Nadu says had no role to play in Prabhakaran's mother deportation - Apr 19, 2010
Tags: central government, chennai airport, foreigner, founder leader, indian high commission, indian visa, kuala lumpur, lawyer, liberation tigers of tamil eelam, liberation tigers of tamil eelam ltte, medical treatment, New Delhi, petition, petitioner, plea, prabhakaran, sri lankan, tamil tigers, top lieutenants, valid visa