Sunitha enters second round of DFS ClassicJune 10th, 2008 - 9:05 pm ICT by IANS
Birmingham, June 10 (IANS) India’s Sunitha Rao saw off a stiff challenge from Petra Kvitova of the Czech Republic to reach the second round of women’s singles in WTA DFS Classic here Tuesday. Sunitha, who entered the main draw as a qualifier, scored a 7-6(8) 6-4 win. She will now meet local favourite and wild card Naomi Cavaday, who got the better of Jill Craybas of United Staes 6-0 6-4.
Sania Mirza, who is returning to the circuit after a three-month long lay-off due to injury, which forced her to miss the French Open, has been seeded sixth in the Tier III $200,000 event.
Sania got a bye in the first round and will meet the winner of tghe match between Stephanie Dubois of Canada and Marina Erakovic of New Zealand Wednesday.
- Sania bows out, Sunitha reaches third round (Lead) - Jun 11, 2008
- Sania enters Australian Open main draw - Jan 16, 2011
- Australian Open: Top seed Serena Williams to face Radwanska - Jan 15, 2010
- Sania in third round of Australian Open qualifiers - Jan 15, 2011
- Sania beaten in her comeback match - Jun 11, 2008
- Top four seeds enter semis at Stuttgart WTA Grand Prix - Apr 28, 2012
- Makarova stuns Kvitova in Eastbourne - Jun 19, 2012
- Sania Mirza books berth in women's singles tennis finals - Oct 08, 2010
- US Open: Wimbledon champion Kvitova falls at first hurdle - Aug 30, 2011
- Zvonareva to meet Radwanska in Pan Pacific final - Sep 30, 2011
- Stosur breaks Australia's heart (Roundup) - Jan 17, 2012
- Wimbledon: Errani thrashed by record-breaker Shvedova - Jun 30, 2012
- US Open results - Sep 03, 2012
- Somdev top seed, Sania second in CWG tennis singles - Oct 01, 2010
- Unseeded Kanepi knocks Wozniacki out of Pan Pacific Open - Sep 28, 2011
Tags: canada, classic birmingham, czech republic, dfs classic, french open, India, jill craybas, marina erakovic, match, naomi cavaday, new zealand, sania mirza, stephanie dubois, stiff challenge, sunitha rao, united staes, wild card