Suicide bombing kills five in IraqMarch 23rd, 2008 - 4:21 pm ICT by admin
Mosul (Iraq), March 23 (Xinhua) At least five people were killed and 30 wounded when a suicide bomber rammed his truck into an army base in Mosul, the capital of the Iraqi province of Nineveh, an official said. The incident took place at around 7.00 a.m. (0400 GMT). A suicide bomber drove a truck loaded with explosives and rammed into an army base in the Hermaat area of the city, the official told Xinhua.
Five soldiers were killed and 30 wounded, including five civilians, in the incident.
Mosul, some 400 km north of Baghdad, has been a hotbed of insurgency since the US-led invasion five years ago.
- 25 killed, over 170 wounded in Iraq attacks - Mar 20, 2012
- Two soldiers killed in Iraq violence - Aug 13, 2010
- 43 killed, over 190 wounded in Iraq bomb attacks (Lead) - Mar 20, 2012
- 10 killed in Iraq bombing - Nov 03, 2011
- 52 killed in series of attacks across Iraq - Sep 09, 2012
- 6 killed in Iraq violence - Aug 25, 2012
- Four die in Iraq clashes between protesters and security (Lead) - Feb 25, 2011
- 13 killed in Iraq car bombing - Nov 28, 2011
- Nine killed in Iraq attacks - Apr 19, 2012
- One killed, nine injured in Iraq bombings - Jul 09, 2012
- 10 dead, 45 wounded in Iraq suicide bombing - Jun 04, 2012
- 12 killed in Baghdad bombings - Jul 31, 2012
- Seven killed in Iraq violence - Aug 08, 2012
- Four killed in Iraq violence - Jul 19, 2011
- Suicide car bomb in Iraq kills three securitymen - Jun 06, 2011