Suicide bombing at Russia police checkpointJuly 12th, 2011 - 10:38 pm ICT by IANS
Moscow, July 12 (IANS) A suicide bomber blew himself up at a police checkpoint in Russia Tuesday, but no one else was killed or injured in the incident, police said.
The incident took place in the North Caucasus republic of Ingushetia, Xinhua reported citing Itar-Tass news agency.
The man detonated his explosives at a police checkpoint in Galashki when he was stopped by officers who thought he looked suspicious.
The bomber died at the spot, an official said.
“When the man was asked for his papers, he activated an explosive device hidden beneath his clothes,” the official said.
- Policeman killed in Caucasian suicide blast - Apr 05, 2010
- Two killed in Russia blasts - Feb 15, 2011
- 15 killed in car bomb attack in Russia (Lead) - Sep 09, 2010
- Russian jailed for 14 years for 2010 bombing - May 31, 2012
- Moscow airport bombers were part of suicide squad trained in Pakistan: Report - Jan 26, 2011
- Car bomb kills four in Russia - Sep 28, 2011
- Suicide bomber kills seven at funeral - Aug 19, 2012
- 10 Islamic rebels killed in northern Caucasus - Aug 28, 2010
- Four die in Chechnya suicide attack - Aug 25, 2009
- Five injured in Russia blast - Oct 24, 2010
- Female terrorist opened bag triggering Moscow airport blast (Roundup) - Jan 25, 2011
- Two terrorists held over deadly attack in Russia - May 31, 2011
- One killed in suicide attack in Russia - Sep 12, 2009
- BREAKING: Suicide bomber kills at least 20 at Moscow airport - Jan 24, 2011
- Russian bombers' helper jailed - May 30, 2012