Suicide bomber kills 13 in IraqMarch 24th, 2009 - 12:14 am ICT by IANS
Baquba (Iraq), March 23 (Xinhua) A suicide bomber killed at least 13 people and wounded 30 in a town in northeast Iraq Monday, the police said.
The suicide bomber blew himself at the funeral of a relative of a local Kurdish leader in the town of Jalwlaa, some 140 km northeast of Baghdad, it said.
It was not known whether Hameed Khudadai, head of Patriotic Union of Kurdistan (PUK), was at the funeral when the incident occurred.
PUK is one of the two major parties in the Kurdish semi-autonomous region in northern Iraq.
- One killed in Iraq protest - Feb 17, 2011
- Two US soldiers among five killed in Iraq explosion - Jun 11, 2010
- 6 killed, 10 wounded in Iraq attacks - Apr 16, 2012
- 10 killed in Iraq bombing - Nov 03, 2011
- 11 soldiers killed in Iraq car bombing - Mar 14, 2011
- Three die, 30 hurt in Iraq bombings - Dec 12, 2010
- At least 7 killed in plane accident in northern Iraq - Feb 05, 2011
- Nine killed, 21 injured in Iraq - Aug 08, 2011
- Turkish jets bomb targets in northern Iraq - Jun 21, 2010
- Nine killed in Iraq attacks - Apr 19, 2012
- High turnout in elections in Iraq's Kurdish region - Jul 26, 2009
- Interpol red corner notice against fugitive Iraqi vice president - May 08, 2012
- 63 killed in Iraq as violence escalates - Aug 15, 2011
- 25 killed, over 170 wounded in Iraq attacks - Mar 20, 2012
- 60 dead in attack on Iraqi Shias, bombings (Lead) - Jan 05, 2012