Suicide blast kills five policemen in Pakistan (Lead)April 18th, 2009 - 6:51 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, April 18 (Xinhua) Five policemen were killed Saturday in a suicide car bomb attack in Pakistan’s North West Frontier Province, a media report said.
A suicide bomber rammed an explosives laden vehicle into a security check post in Doaba area of Hangu district, the private Express TV channel reported.
The check post was completely destroyed in the attack. Five policemen were killed and several others injured, the report said.
The security forces have cordoned off the area after the attack. The injured were rushed to hospitals.
In a separate incident early Saturday, six people were injured in another blast in Hangu district.
According to officials, 1,395 people have been killed in insurgency related violence in the country between January 2008 and March 2009.
- Pak security forces foil terror plan in Hangu, recover explosive-laden vehicle - Dec 25, 2010
- Nine killed, 30 injured in suicide bomb attack on police van in northwest Pak - Mar 03, 2011
- Five killed in suicide blast in Pakistan - Mar 24, 2011
- Suicide, remote-controlled bombings kill 24 in Pakistan (Third Lead) - Apr 18, 2009
- More blasts in Pakistan, three killed (Lead) - Jan 13, 2011
- Three killed in another blast in Pakistan - Jan 13, 2011
- Suicide bomber kills 20 at Shia trust-run hospital in Hangu - Dec 11, 2010
- Suicide blast kills nine Pakistani troopers (Lead) - Dec 24, 2011
- Six die in Afghan suicide bombing - May 19, 2012
- Suicide bomber kills nine in Pakistan (Lead) - Mar 03, 2011
- Five troopers killed in Pakistan suicide bombing - Dec 24, 2011
- Three policemen killed in attack in northwest Pakistan - Aug 23, 2012
- Bombings kill 31, including 25 troops, in Pakistan - Apr 19, 2009
- Nine killed in Iraq insurgent attacks - Nov 20, 2011
- 18 soldiers killed in Pakistan suicide bombing (Second Lead) - Apr 18, 2009
Tags: car bomb attack, explosives, frontier province, hospitals, north west frontier, pakistan, policemen, private express, security check, security forces, suicide bomber, tv channel, violence, xinhua