Suicide attackers cannot be stopped, says Pak Interior MinisterNovember 14th, 2007 - 2:32 am ICT by admin
He said that the suicide attack on Benazir Bhutto was not carried out by remote control, but was done in the normal way. The jammers for stopping bomb blasts can stop remote control attacks.
Aftab Sherpao said that the suicide attackers also change their procedure. Earlier, they were wearing new dresses to hide their belt etc but now some suicide attackers also wear trousers and paints.
Replying to a question, Sherpao said that emergent actions were taken immediate after the bomb blasts like shifting of wounded persons and dead bodies to hospitals and carrying Benazir Bhutto to Bilawal House and the whole area has been cordoned after the incident so that the suspects may not escape.
However, investigation work could not be started due to darkness of the night and the joint investigation team has begun the work in the morning.
He said that there were reports of threats to Benazir and she was informed about them and on her desire, an officer of SSP level was deputed for accompanying her.
He said that 20,000 police personnel were deputed but despite this, many persons had reached the terminal.
The federal minister told that helipads were prepared at the airport and also on the way of Benazir’s procession but it is impossible to check each and every person on 24 km long distance of the rally. (ANI)
- Pakistani politician survives suicide attack (Second Lead) - Mar 03, 2012
- Benazir's mobile phones recovered from Bilawal House, Karachi - Feb 04, 2011
- Pakistani politician escapes bid on life - Mar 03, 2012
- Pakistani politician escapes bid on life (Lead) - Mar 03, 2012
- Rahul, Bilawal have much to share - Apr 07, 2012
- Five dead, 24 injured in Pakistan blast (Lead) - Feb 27, 2012
- Pakistani politician escapes bid on life, cop killed (Second Lead) - Mar 04, 2012
- Gilani visits Benazir grave - Jun 21, 2012
- Rahul accepts Bilawal's invite to visit Pakistan - Apr 08, 2012
- Non-bailable warrant for Musharraf in Bugti assassination case - Aug 16, 2012
- Pakistani leaders harp on US apology for NATO air strike (Lead) - May 22, 2012
- Musharraf killed my mother: Bilawal Bhutto - May 25, 2012
- Search women in burqa without exception: Pakistani daily - Aug 13, 2011
- One dead in Pakistan blast - Feb 15, 2012
- 'Keen learner' Bilawal Bhutto not to jump headfirst into Pak politics - May 01, 2011
Tags: aftab, attackers, benazir bhutto, bomb blasts, brainwashed, dead bodies, emergent, federal minister, geo news, interior minister, investigation team, investigation work, jammers, remote control, ssp, suicide attack, wear trousers