Study shows 36 per cent of Brit men fear walking aloneJanuary 28th, 2008 - 4:34 pm ICT by admin
London, Jan 28 (ANI): A new survey has found that 36 per cent of men and 56 per cent of women in UK are afraid of walking alone at night in their own neighbourhoods.
It also showed that 30 per cent of women and 34 per cent of men have either been victims of street crime or are aware of someone who has, reports the Sun.
According to the survey, conducted for ITV1s Tonight programme, three quarters of all those asked said that there are not enough policemen on the streets.
The survey was conducted after Home Secretary Jacqui Smith confessed that she does not feel safe walking in London alone when it gets dark.
The programme, which used celebrity reporters Carol McGiffin, of TVs Loose Women, BBC radio presenter Shelagh Fogarty, and Saira Khan, an ex-Apprentice contestant, will be shown on a special edition of Tonight, Women In Fear. (ANI)
- TV show host avoids Katie Price - Nov 04, 2010
- Debt-ridden Duchess of York Fergie in line to join Loose Women - Sep 13, 2009
- Loose Women host slams Jordan - Jul 31, 2009
- Chris Evans says his wife makes him quiver with fear - Nov 29, 2009
- Bingo wings - a real fashion killer for Brit women - Dec 02, 2010
- 1 in 10 Brit men like cooking in nude! - Nov 16, 2010
- Brit men would rather live close to boozer than school - Jul 26, 2010
- Women more likely to cheat than men, reveals survey - Dec 31, 2010
- Women less likely to wash their car regularly than men: UK study - Jul 21, 2010
- UN campaign to protect Delhi women from violence - Nov 22, 2010
- Men still like to pay for first dates - Mar 29, 2011
- Kiwi women find their happiness in family, men in freedom: Survey - Jul 13, 2010
- Snoring killing Oz women's sex lives - Oct 07, 2010
- 1 in 5 Brits wear their undies at least 250 times before buying new ones! - Dec 02, 2010
- Women prefer men to be funny rather than flawless! - Mar 07, 2011
Tags: apprentice contestant, carol mcgiffin, celebrity, home secretary, jacqui smith, jan 28, london jan, loose women, neighbourhoods, new survey, policemen, radio presenter, saira khan, shelagh fogarty, street crime, sun, three quarters, tvs, walking in london