Student stabs teacher in class in ChileMarch 4th, 2009 - 11:20 am ICT by IANS
Santiago, March 4 (EFE) A 16-year-old boy stabbed his teacher during an English class at a school in the Chilean capital, the police said.
The incident occurred Tuesday during a morning class at the Pierre Teilhard de Chardin school in Santiago’s La Florida district.
The teacher, Loreto Villaseca, was stabbed in the lumbar region and an arm and was out of danger, doctors said.
School principal Raul Lizama said that according to other students in the class, the attacker, identified only by his initials J.P.M., got up from his desk holding a class worksheet and approached the teacher.
“He approached her with the worksheet and she said something to him, which made him immediately knock the teacher down. She started screaming and he stabbed her in the back and an arm with a knife that he took out of his pocket. It was a kind of derangement, because now (J.P.M.) says he doesn’t remember anything about it,” Lizama said.
The student started crying, the principal told reporters, and he immediately called the police and the boy’s parents.
Lizama said that the attacker had never shown any aggressive conduct and added that school authorities still haven’t decided what measures to take, because “the school community is upset”.
“Some students are known for aggressive behaviour, but in this case the minor does not have a bad record nor the kind of family life that would explain his conduct,” the principal said, and decided to suspend classes for the day and send the students home.
- Tearful farewell to murdered teacher - Feb 10, 2012
- Chennai student kills teacher for complaining to parents (Second Lead) - Feb 09, 2012
- Parents fume over turban curbs in Shimla school - Apr 26, 2012
- Boy's father moves court over 'torture' by school - Feb 22, 2011
- Chennai student kills teacher for complaining to parents (Lead) - Feb 09, 2012
- Shimla convent school allows students to wear turban - Apr 28, 2012
- Chennai student kills teacher for complaining to parents - Feb 09, 2012
- Class 10 student rapped for uploading classmate's obscene photo - Nov 18, 2011
- When Zia-ul Haq was punished in Shimla - Mar 02, 2012
- Rouvanjit suicide case: La Martiniere principal arrested - Oct 04, 2010
- Boy barred from exam over grandpa's death - Apr 07, 2012
- Kids need counselling on networking sites: Experts - May 17, 2012
- Three Tamil Nadu teachers suspended for beating student - Jul 21, 2012
- La Martiniere principal, 3 teachers held for boy's suicide (Lead) - Oct 04, 2010
- BJP seeks Bengal school principal's arrest - Jun 14, 2010
Tags: aggressive behaviour, attacker, chile santiago, chilean capital, derangement, desk, doctors, florida district, initials, lizama, lumbar region, parents, pierre teilhard de chardin, raul, school authorities, school principal, student stabs, teilhard de chardin