Student Protestors Attack Prince Charles & Camilla’s Car in LondonDecember 10th, 2010 - 3:06 am ICT by Angela Kaye Mason
Dec 9 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Angry students and citizens at a huge tuition fee protest in London have attacked the car of Prince Charles and his wife, Camilla, according to a breaking story from the Associated Press. A photographer from the ‘AP’ saw the demonstrators as they kicked the car on regent Street, which is the middle of the shopping district of London. the car sped quickly away.
The large protests, which consists of tens of thousands of demonstrators who are all angry about the tuition spike, which will cause the tuition of most students to double, and many to triple and more for the next school year, has drawn global attention as the fights between students, citizens, and police rages on, and windows have been smashed, and other damages done to properties in London.
the lawmakers in Britain approved the controversial plan to raise the current cap on tuition fees on Thursday. Outside of Parliament, police were wearing riot shields, and carrying batons while fighting with the angry students, and trying to keep them away from the buildings.
- Prince Charles' car under attack from tuition fees protesters - Dec 10, 2010
- Son of Pink Floyd Guitarist Arrested in London Tuition Protest - Dec 15, 2010
- Riot attacks won't stop Prince Charles from attending public engagements - Dec 12, 2010
- Hindus critical of university tuition hike in UK - Dec 10, 2010
- UK royal pair attack: Tory backbencher demands inquiry into security lapse - Dec 12, 2010
- Police communication breakdown put royal couple in danger - Dec 11, 2010
- Charlie Gilmour: Son of Pink Floyd star arrested for insulting the martyrs - Dec 13, 2010
- Charlie Gilmour: Arrested during London's student riots - Dec 13, 2010
- 'Most Brits want to see Prince William as next king' - Dec 19, 2010
- Three police officers injured as violence erupts in London protests - Dec 10, 2010
- Nod for London police to use rubber bullets on student protesters - Nov 09, 2011
- Protest in Britain over tution fee hike turns violent - Nov 10, 2010
- UC Davis Protests Against Fee Hike Trigger Arrests Of 52 Students - Nov 20, 2009
- Policing of student protest not enough: Britain police - Nov 11, 2010
- Attack On Royal Couple Of Britain Following Rise In University Fees - Dec 10, 2010
Tags: angry students, batons, breaking story, controversial plan, demonstrators, global attention, lawmakers, next school, prince charles, prince charles camilla, protests, rages, regent street, riot shields, school year, shopping district, spike, student protestors, tuition fee, tuition fees