Struggling Mom Sells Her Handwritten Obama Letter To Meet Her NeedsNovember 3rd, 2010 - 7:09 pm ICT by GD
By Meena Kar
Nov 3, (THAINDIAN NEWS) At times poverty prompts us to part with some of our most important assets, with which we are emotionally connected. The notion holds true for Jennifer Cline, who had to sell of one of her most prized possessions to make some financial arrangements for her family.
Jennifer Cline had sent a letter to Barack Obama in 2007, describing about her financial problems and the two different kinds of skin cancer she was suffering from, after she and her husband lost a job that year. The letter she wrote said, that she lost her job, health benefits and self worth in just five days. To that, the president gave a hand written reply on a white house letter head that said, “things will keep getting better”. This was the most priceless possession she has been valuing since 2007, although the words of his letter never came true. Poverty took such a bitter form that she had to sell this letter to a sell the letter to a persistent autograph collector for $7,000, just to make financial arrangements for her home and a few medical bills. 28-year-old mother Jennifer Cline, stays in Monroe, southern Michigan with her 2 and 9 year old boy and 30 year old husband Jason Cline.
Jennifer Cline said that this is what she had to do for her family- sacrifice her priced possession for the family. Jason Cine, who is a supporter of Barack Obama said that this was the best the president could do for his family. $3000 was used for the payment of her medical bills, while the rest of the money will be utilized for the down payment for their future home.
- Struggling Mom Sells Handwritten Obama Letter - Nov 03, 2010
- Woman sells Obama's letter for $7,000 to pay for house - Nov 01, 2010
- U.S. Congresswoman Giffords to resign and focus on recovery - Jan 23, 2012
- Wedding bells for Britney Spears, Jason Trawick? - Apr 07, 2011
- Widow shocked by news that doc hubby delivered baby Obama - Apr 28, 2011
- Pregnant Pakistani woman killed by in-laws in Britain - Apr 25, 2012
- Michelle & Barack Obama grace Oprah Winfrey's show - May 03, 2011
- Arizona Governor vetoes presidential 'birther bill' - Apr 19, 2011
- Criticism over Obama family interview due to jealousy: Maria Menounos - Apr 28, 2011
- Indian American to head US think-tank - Oct 26, 2011
- Jennifer to star in 'Ends of the Earth' - Aug 07, 2012
- Britney Spears set to marry again? - Jun 11, 2011
- Mariah Carey gushes about baby shower gifts - Mar 08, 2011
- Spears keen on another child - Aug 31, 2011
- Teresa Giudice Talks About Her Bankruptcy On "The View" - Aug 03, 2010
Tags: assets, autograph collector, barack obama, cine, different kinds, future home, health benefits, husband jason, kar, medical bills, notion, old mother, priceless possession, prized possessions, reply, self worth, skin cancer, southern michigan, true poverty, white house