Strong quake rocks Japan’s eastern seaboardDecember 20th, 2008 - 7:32 pm ICT by IANS
Hong Kong, Dec 20 (Xinhua) A strong earthquake measuring 6.5 on the Richter scale Saturday jolted the eastern Japanese coast of Honshu, the Hong Kong Observatory reported.The quake occurred at 10.35 GMT Saturday.
The epicentre was initially determined by the Hong Kong Observatory to be at 36.6 degrees north latitude and 142.4 degrees east longitude, some 230 km southeast of Sendai, Japan.
There were no immediate reports of casualty, the Observatory said in its evening bulletin.
- Earthquake hits Japan - Mar 01, 2012
- Strong quake hits Japan (Lead) - Mar 01, 2012
- Quake jolts India-Myanmar border - Jul 15, 2012
- Quake hits Papua New Guinea - Aug 21, 2011
- Japan issues tsunami alter after 6.8-magnitude quake - Aug 19, 2011
- Magnitude-6 quake hits Japan - Nov 24, 2011
- 6-magnitude quake off Japan's Honshu island - Mar 13, 2011
- 6.1-magnitude quake hits Japan - Oct 21, 2011
- Powerful quake jolts Solomon Islands - Jan 05, 2010
- 5.9-magnitude quake hits Mariana Islands - Aug 15, 2010
- 5.5-magnitude quake off Japan's Honshu - Apr 02, 2011
- 6-magnitude quake jolts Honshu island of Japan - Mar 13, 2011
- Magnitude 6.4 quake hits Argentina, no casualties - May 28, 2012
- 5.4 magnitude quake hits Nicobar Islands - Dec 03, 2011
- Magnitude-6.9 quake hits Solomon Islands - Apr 23, 2011