Strong quake jolts IndonesiaMay 16th, 2010 - 9:39 am ICT by IANS
Jakarta, May 16 (IANS) An undersea earthquake measuring 6.0 on the Richter scale Sunday jolted the eastern parts of Indonesia, but there was no damage or casualty, Xinhua reported.
The quake occurred at 7.33 a.m., with the epicentre at 128 km southwest of Manado, the capital of Sulawesi province, and at a depth of 103 km under the seabed, the Meteorology and Geophysics Agency said. It however did not issue a tsunami warning.
Indonesia sits on a vulnerable quake-hit zone called the Pacific Ring of Fire, where two continental plates meet, causing frequent seismic movements.
- 6.3-magnitude quake rocks Indonesia - Jul 21, 2010
- Strong quake jolts Indonesia - May 07, 2010
- Quake rocks Indonesia - Jul 24, 2010
- Quake hits Indonesia's Sumatra island - Aug 23, 2011
- Powerful quake strikes off Bali island - Feb 12, 2010
- Powerful quake hits Indonesia, no tsunami - Nov 14, 2011
- Quake rattles Indonesian province - Apr 15, 2012
- Quake hits Indonesia - Jun 23, 2012
- Magnitude 6.3 earthquake strikes off Sumatra island, Indonesia - May 29, 2011
- Indonesia issues tsunami alert after 7.6 quake - Jan 11, 2012
- 5.9-magnitude earthquake hits Indonesia - May 08, 2010
- Magnitude 6.1 quake strikes off Java island - May 17, 2011
- Powerful quake jolts eastern Indonesia - Dec 26, 2009
- 7.6-magnitude quake off central Philippines (Lead, Changing dateline) - Aug 31, 2012
- Tsunami alert issued after Indonesia's 6.7-magnitude quake - Apr 04, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,