Strong quake jolts IndonesiaMay 7th, 2010 - 7:04 pm ICT by IANS
Jakarta, May 7 (IANS) An undersea earthquake measuring 6.0 on the Richter scale struck eastern Indonesia Friday, but there was no immediate report of damage or casualty and no tsunami alert was issued, Xinhua reported.
The quake occurred at 14.39 p.m., with the epicentre at 246 km southeast of Melonguane town in North Sulawesi province and at a depth of 65 km under the seabed, the Indonesian Meteorology and Geophysics Agency said.
Indonesia sits on a vulnerable quake-hit zone called the “Pacific Ring of Fire”.
- 5.9-magnitude earthquake hits Indonesia - May 08, 2010
- Strong quake jolts Indonesia - May 16, 2010
- 6.3-magnitude quake rocks Indonesia - Jul 21, 2010
- Quake hits Indonesia - Jun 23, 2012
- Powerful quake strikes off Bali island - Feb 12, 2010
- Quake rattles Indonesian province - Apr 15, 2012
- 6.0-magnitude quake hits Indonesia - Nov 28, 2010
- Quake rocks Indonesia - Jul 24, 2010
- Powerful quake hits Indonesia, no tsunami - Nov 14, 2011
- Magnitude 6.1 quake strikes off Java island - May 17, 2011
- 6.0-magnitude quake rocks West Papua in Indonesia - Oct 23, 2009
- Powerful quake jolts eastern Indonesia - Dec 26, 2009
- Strong quake jolts Indonesia, tsunami warning issued - Jun 16, 2010
- Strong earthquake rocks Indonesia's Sulawesi, causes damage - Apr 25, 2011
- Indonesia issues tsunami alert after 7.6 quake - Jan 11, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,