Strong quake hits TaiwanJune 10th, 2012 - 8:28 am ICT by IANS
Taipei, June 10 (IANS) An earthquake measuring 6.5 on the Richter scale hit sea off Taiwan’s eastern coast Sunday morning, according to the island’s meteorological authorities. There was, however, no immediate report of any casualty or damage to property.
The temblor, which struck at 5.00 a.m (Beijing Time), had its epicentre 70 km southeast of the headquarters of Yilan (or Ilan) county authorities and a depth of about 62 km, Xinhua reported.
The Beijing-based China Earthquake Networks Centre, however, said it was a magnitude-5.9 quake, with the epicentre located at 50 km below the surface.
- Quake hits Taiwan region - Jul 19, 2011
- Quake hits Taiwan - Nov 22, 2010
- Magnitude 6 quake hits China - Mar 09, 2012
- Strong earthquake jolts China (Lead) - Mar 09, 2012
- Moderate earthquake rattles northeastern Taiwan - Jul 09, 2010
- Quakes rock Japan island (Lead) - Mar 22, 2011
- Mild quake in UP, aftershocks in Delhi (Lead) - Mar 13, 2012
- Earthquake hits Japan - Mar 01, 2012
- Strong quake hits Japan (Lead) - Mar 01, 2012
- Powerful quake hits Indonesia, no tsunami - Nov 14, 2011
- 5.8 magnitude quake hits Nicobar Islands (Lead) - Dec 01, 2011
- 5.9-magnitude earthquake hits Indonesia - May 08, 2010
- 5.4 magnitude quake hits Nicobar Islands - Dec 03, 2011
- Quake rattles Indonesian province - Apr 15, 2012
- Magnitude 7.2 quake hits Mexico - May 02, 2012