Strong quake hits Japan (Lead)March 1st, 2012 - 3:42 am ICT by IANS
Beijing, March 1 (IANS) An earthquake measuring 6.0 on the Richter scale hit near the east coast of Japan’s Honshu island Wednesday, the Hong Kong Observatory said.
The epicentre of the temblor that struck at 2.33 GMT, about 150 km southeast of Tokyo city, was initially determined to be near 35.2 degrees north latitude and 141.4 degrees east longitude, Xinhua reported.
There were no immediate reports of casualties or damage to property.
Last year, a 9.0-magnitude earthquake and tsunami that hit Japan March 11 had left almost 20,000 dead or missing.
- Earthquake hits Japan - Mar 01, 2012
- Moderate quake hits Japan - Apr 02, 2012
- 6-magnitude quake off Japan's Honshu island - Mar 13, 2011
- 5.5-magnitude quake off Japan's Honshu - Apr 02, 2011
- Japan issues tsunami alter after 6.8-magnitude quake - Aug 19, 2011
- 6 magnitude quake jolts Japan - Mar 15, 2011
- Strong earthquake hits Vanuatu - Apr 15, 2012
- Magnitude-6 quake hits Japan - Nov 24, 2011
- Magnitude 6 quake hits China - Mar 09, 2012
- 6-magnitude quake jolts Honshu island of Japan - Mar 13, 2011
- Magnitude 6.4 quake hits Argentina, no casualties - May 28, 2012
- Magnitude-5.9 quake hits Japan - Mar 22, 2011
- 6.5-magnitude quake hits off east coast of Honshu - Apr 12, 2011
- 5.4 magnitude quake hits Nicobar Islands - Dec 03, 2011
- Strong earthquake jolts China (Lead) - Mar 09, 2012
Tags: beijing, casualties, east coast, east longitude, epicentre, gmt, hong kong observatory, honshu island, japan march, magnitude earthquake, march 1, march 11, north latitude, quake, richter scale, temblor, tokyo city, tsunami, xinhua