Stripper awarded compensation for pole-dancing injury!November 14th, 2007 - 2:03 am ICT by admin
She said she reported soreness and numbness to her supervisors, which they later denied. Soon after the incident, she required surgery for a herniated disc in her cervical spine.
In 2006, the Worker’s Compensation Board awarded her temporary disability benefits and other compensation totaling over 10,000 dollars, but Shangri-La appealed, arguing the board made a mistake when it found Hobson more credible than its witnesses.
However, on Oct 9 the court denied their motion, upholding the original award and adding a 5 percent increase for interest.
The court also instructed the board to verify whether Hobson was entitled to double compensation, partly because Shangri-La allegedly had no workers compensation insurance. (ANI)
- Maldives now also looks to mid-market Indian travellers (With Images) - Apr 03, 2011
- Watson takes up pole-dancing - May 12, 2012
- Alan Isaac to take over ICC's presidency from Pawar - Jun 23, 2012
- 'Accident compensation also for loss of earnings, normal life' - Aug 26, 2012
- China busts gun trafficking ring - Oct 20, 2011
- Californian woman sues after slipping on banana peel - Mar 07, 2011
- Court notice for more relief for shootout victim's kin (Lead) - Dec 07, 2011
- Nepal's casino kingdom faces guillotine - Feb 12, 2011
- Watson parties at pole dancing club - Jul 14, 2011
- Destination India could be next for Michelin guides (Eating Out With IANS) - Dec 12, 2010
- 19 times Everest summiter missing after avalanche in Nepal - Oct 25, 2010
- Pole dancing - the latest way to keep fit! - Jun 26, 2010
- Fury over Brit sex club owner teaching her 7-yr-old daughter to pole dance - Jun 15, 2010
- India, US to assist Sri Lanka military - Jun 05, 2012
- First five-star hotel opens in Tibet - May 28, 2011
Tags: cervical spine, compensation board, court documents, disability benefits, herniated disc, hobson, made a mistake, numbness, pole dance, pole dancing, shangri la, stripper, suffered injuries, supervisors, workers compensation insurance