Stray bullet kills man after Eid prayers in TurkeyAugust 20th, 2012 - 12:15 am ICT by IANS
Ankara, Aug 19 (IANS) A 32-year-old man died in Turkey Sunday after being hit by a stray bullet fired at the courtyard of a mosque after Eid prayers, Xinhua reported.
The incident took place in Tekirdag province in northwestern Turkey.
Murat Serdar was hit in the head after performing prayers in the Karadeniz Mosque.
The bullet was fired by 40-year-old Turhan Samast, who surrendered to police after the incident. He told police it was an accident and that he was regretful.
Samast is reportedly the cousin of Ogun Samast, the convicted killer of Turkish-Armenian journalist Hrant Dink, who was shot dead in 2009.
- Turkey denies fighter jet shot down by Syria - Jul 14, 2012
- Suspected car bomb kills 3 in Turkish capital - Sep 20, 2011
- Eid celebrated with prayers for peace, feasting (Roundup) - Aug 20, 2012
- Peaceful Eid prayers held across Kashmir - Nov 07, 2011
- Unidentified gunmen attack Iranian bus in eastern Turkey, injuring 8 - Nov 16, 2011
- Flash floods kill 31 in Turkey - Sep 10, 2009
- Four killed in Turkish military helicopter crash - Jul 23, 2012
- Stray incident apart, Eid prayers offered peacefully in Kashmir - Aug 20, 2012
- 30 Syrian army men defect to Turkey - Jun 25, 2012
- Five killed in Turkey building fire - Jan 23, 2012
- Seven killed as magnitude-5.6 quake hits Turkey - Nov 10, 2011
- Seven killed in Turkish road accident - Aug 02, 2012
- Turkey to strengthen relations with Pakistan - Aug 12, 2011
- Eid celebrated in Karnataka amid tight security - Aug 20, 2012
- Eight hurt as Iranian bus attacked in Turkey - Nov 16, 2011