Strauss Kahn rape case delayed againJuly 27th, 2011 - 8:13 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
New York, July 27 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Former International Monetary Fund Chief Dominique Strauss-Kahn’s appearance in court has been postponed until the 23rd of August. The postponement became necessary because investigators have pleaded for more time to look into the case.
A spokeswoman for Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance Jr., Erin Duggan, issued a statement to the press saying, “The investigation into this pending criminal case is continuing. We will have no further comment.”
Strauss-Kahn is currently walking free after he was released from house arrest. This is the second straight time that the hearing has been pushed to another date. Strauss-Kahn has been charged with sexual assault and attempted rape after he was accused by a hotel maid of trying to forcibly have sex with her.
Strauss-Kahn has maintained his innocence throughout the trial. In a publication this month, The New York Post reported that the accuser of Strauss-Kahn was in fact a prostitute. The hotel maid strongly denied the publication and recently gave an interview to ABC television and the Newsweek magazine during which she said she was fed up with all the false rumors and stories that were being brought on her. She has since sued The New York Post who insists that their story is credible.
The accusations have already caused Strauss-Kahn his job at IMF. His political ambition in his native homeland of France has also been placed in jeopardy.
- Ex-IMF chief Strauss Kahn's court hearing postponed - Jul 12, 2011
- Strauss-Kahn indicted, gets bail (Second Lead) - May 20, 2011
- Strauss-Kahn blames Sarkozy for destroying his bid - Apr 28, 2012
- Charges dropped against Strauss-Kahn (Lead) - Aug 24, 2011
- Strauss-Kahn files countercharge against hotel maid - May 16, 2012
- IMF ex-chief once had three women in bed, says porn star - May 27, 2011
- Former IMF chief gets bail, placed under home detention - May 20, 2011
- IMF chief charged with sexual assault, attempted rape (Third Lead) - May 15, 2011
- IMF chief to face New York court in sex assault case - May 16, 2011
- Former IMF chief granted bail in sexual assault case (Lead) - May 20, 2011
- Ex-IMF chief Strauss-Kahn released - Jul 02, 2011
- Strauss-Kahn's semen found on maid's shirt - May 24, 2011
- Former IMF chief faces gang rape allegations - May 21, 2012
- Prosecutors move to drop charges against Strauss-Kahn - Aug 23, 2011
- Embattled IMF chief could be released on bail pending deal - May 19, 2011
Tags: abc television, criminal case, cyrus vance, dominique strauss kahn, erin duggan, false rumors, hotel maid, house arrest, international monetary fund, jeopardy, manhattan district attorney, native homeland, new york post, newsweek, newsweek magazine, political ambition, postponement, rape case, sexual assault, straight time