Stone’’s biopic of Bush sees him drinking, gambling…and landing in jail!July 29th, 2008 - 6:59 pm ICT by ANI
New York, July 29 (ANI): The first trailer of Oliver Stone’’s biopic of George W Bush has been released online and shows Dubya going through a whirl of drinking contests, gambling, drink driving and being thrown in jail.
He was also seen as being led down a prison corridor in Yale sweatshirt, before he makes it to the White House.
The first teaser for the flick, being rushed into theatres 18 days before the presidential election, begins with George Thorogood’’s “One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer.”
Josh Brolin, as the future commander in chief, is seen doing the bump with a hot blonde on top of a bar and then winning a drinking contest by guzzling beer through a funnel.
He also gets a shout from dad George H W Bush, played by James Cromwell.
“If I remember correctly, you didn”t like the sporting goods job,” Bush Sr tells him in the trailer.
“Working in the investment firm wasn”t for you either, or the oil rig job. You didn”t exactly finish up with flying colours in the Air National Guard, junior.
“What are you cut out for?” the senior Bush is seen asking his son.
Bush senior continues as Brolin, star of No Country For Old Men, hangs his head.
“Partying? Chasing tail? Driving drunk? Who do you think you are? A Kennedy? You”re a Bush. Act like one.”
The younger Mr Bush then comes to blows with his father in the trailer.
“You want an ass-whipping?” Bush senior asks.
“Try it old man,” his son replies.
In Stone’’s version of history, an insider stated that the biopic meets very much with the ”Godfather” story.
“It’’s like the ”Godfather” story, [with] the outsider brother, Michael, who avenges his father and takes over the family business. This movie is about family. It’’s about vengeance. And it’’s a wild ride,” New York Post quoted an insider as saying.
Stone trivializes the US invasion of Iraq as the younger Bush’’s personal vendetta against Saddam Hussein, who had thumbed his nose at Dubya’’s dad.
“And Brolin captures the Bush malapropisms beautifully,” the insider added. (ANI)
- Clinton and I are buddies, says George W. Bush - Nov 15, 2010
- Frank Langella is back for 'Wall Street 2' - Aug 10, 2009
- Housekeeper put foetus in jar, not Barbara Bush - Nov 24, 2010
- Bush opens up about one of his worst drunken moments - Nov 05, 2010
- The surreal after life of `Dubya' Bush - Dec 15, 2009
- Preview trailer of 'Breaking Dawn' released - Sep 12, 2011
- Bush's faith in history's judgement beginning to come around, says Cheney - Nov 17, 2010
- Josh Brolin wasnt Oliver Stones first choice to play Bush in W - Sep 21, 2008
- Wills-Kat slap 'ban on beer' for their royal wedding reception - Apr 23, 2011
- Given my best to Sugar Ray: Usher - Jun 18, 2012
- George W. Bush memoir - 'Decision Points' set for a November release - Apr 27, 2010
- 'Embarrassing' Nicolas Sarkozy' biopic to debut in Cannes Film Festival - Apr 15, 2011
- Josh Brolin feels blessed to be friends with Johnny Depp - Sep 28, 2010
- George W. Bush voted most unpopular former US president - Jun 08, 2012
- Dick Cheney used to keep his resignation letter in a secret place - Aug 25, 2011
Tags: air national guard, ass whipping, biopic, brother michael, bush senior, flying colours, george h w bush, george thorogood, george w bush, invasion of iraq, investment firm, james cromwell, josh brolin, mr bush, new york post, oil rig job, oliver stone, personal vendetta, us invasion of iraq, wild ride