Still a window for diplomacy on Iran: ObamaMarch 6th, 2012 - 12:22 am ICT by IANS
Washington, March 5 (IANS) US President Barack Obama said Monday that there is still a “window” for a diplomatic resolution on Iran’s nuclear issue.
Sitting beside visiting Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu at the White House, Obama reiterated that it is unacceptable for Iran to have a nuclear weapon, vowing to keep all options on the table, Xinhua reported.
While reaffirming America’s “rock-solid” commitment to Israel’s security, Obama said that Washington will continue to tighten pressure on Iran.
Rejecting the notion of a containment policy on a potentially nuclear-armed Iran, he said that the aim of his administration is to prevent Iran from acquiring a nuclear bomb.
Obama added that the level of the close consultation and coordination between the two allies’ militaries and intelligence services has been “unprecedented”.
- We can't wait long for diplomacy to work: Israel PM - Mar 06, 2012
- Obama, Netanyahu discuss Mideast situation - Jan 13, 2012
- Netanyahu wants US to threaten attack on Iran - Feb 29, 2012
- Majority of Israelis oppose unilateral Iran strike: Poll - Mar 08, 2012
- Israel's ultimatum to Obama on Iran n-plans - Mar 04, 2012
- Panetta vows military action against Iran - Mar 07, 2012
- Israeli minister demands air, sea blockade on Iran - Mar 06, 2012
- Israeli PM seeks world to set 'red line' for Iran - Sep 03, 2012
- Iran no threat to Israel: Mossad chief - Dec 30, 2011
- Israel reiterates call for sanctions on Iran - Nov 25, 2011
- US to ask Israel to let sanctions affect Iran - Mar 04, 2012
- Israel may attack Iran before US election: Report - Aug 23, 2012
- Israel warns against concessions to Tehran - May 22, 2012
- Israel says Middle East Resolution passed at the NPT Review Conference "deeply flawed and hypocritical" - May 31, 2010
- 'Peace accord with Palestinians more urgent for Israel than Iran attack' - Sep 11, 2012
Tags: allies, barack obama, benjamin netanyahu, consultation, containment policy, coordination, diplomacy, diplomatic resolution, intelligence services, iran, israeli prime minister, militaries, minister benjamin netanyahu, notion, nuclear bomb, nuclear issue, nuclear weapon, prime minister benjamin, white house, xinhua