Stewart tour ends Faces 2009 reunion talkMarch 20th, 2009 - 1:18 pm ICT by IANS
London, March 20 (IANS) Rod Stewart has scuppered plans to reunite The Faces in 2009 once and for all - by announcing his own tour plans.
The rocker regrouped with old bandmates Kenney Jones, Ian McLagan and Ron Wood in 2008 to rehearse for what fans hoped would become a reunion tour - but plans broke down over Christmas, reports contactmusic.com.
Wood has since confirmed that Stewart no longer wants a part of any comeback, and McLagan recently revealed the other three Faces are now considering a tour without him.
Nailing the coffin shut on any Faces reunion, Stewart has denied reports that he and Wood have written an album’s worth of new material that was to proceed on a tour - and now he has announced plans for his own North American solo tour.
A spokesman for Stewart said: “There’re no plans for a Faces reunion tour this year.”
- Slash, Noel Gallagher, Chris Robinson to join The Faces reunion - May 28, 2010
- Rod Stewart denies Reunion plans - Mar 20, 2009
- Ronnie Wood's first solo album in 9 years to hit stores in Sept - Aug 25, 2010
- Rod Stewart keen on reuniting with Jeff Beck - Nov 12, 2009
- Rod Stewart denies there will be Faces reunion - Jan 24, 2009
- Ronnie Wood loves Marvin Gaye songs - Feb 03, 2012
- The Faces may reunite just for a handful of gigs, not full tour - Mar 04, 2009
- Ronnie Wood, Rod Stewart complete The Faces'' new album - Jan 21, 2009
- Faces surviving members consider reunion - Jul 12, 2008
- Ronnie Wood congratulates dad-to-be Rod Stewart - Aug 13, 2010
- Rod Stewart says The Faces reunion will happen next summer - Nov 13, 2008
- Backstreet Boys plan cruise concert - Sep 01, 2012
- Ronnie Wood thanks girlfriend for sobriety - May 27, 2010
- Ronnie Woods Russian girlfriend jeopardises The Faces reunion tour - Oct 09, 2008
- Mick Hucknall to replace Rod Stewart in 'The Faces' - Jul 26, 2010